Hacking Restore NAND Backup Made with SX OS on Hekate

brianmatty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Mariko Switch Lite that has a modchip on it that I modded around the time the SX Lite came out. I want to restore the NAND backup I made before I installed any CFW but I can't seem to use the files I have in my backup in the Hekate restore operation. It says file not found for boot0 and boot1.I attached an image of the files in my backup folder.

Edit: would like to add that I had since migrated to Hekate + Atmosphere and my switch OFW was updated to 12.0.2 on both sysNAND and emuMMC so I can't run SX OS anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-07 220954.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-07 220954.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited by brianmatty,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Have you placed the backup files in the correct folder on your SD card? It has to be in backup/[8 Character NAND id]/restore
Follow this guide if in doubt: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/

Edit: Just noticed you wrote that the backup was made with SX OS. I have no idea whether the backup is compatible with Hekate's restore function.
I am not familiar with SX OS but can't you launch the SX OS RCM payload to get to a menu with a restore function without booting any of your MMC's? Like in Hekate. Then you should be able to restore even though you are on a newer firmware.

Last edited by petspeed,

brianmatty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried turning it on with an SX OS sd card. It shows the boot screen but then shuts off after without showing any menus. I think it's because the OFW has been updated to 12.0.2 and SX OS only works with 11.0.0.

brianmatty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I might be able to restore it using Hekate if I join the split full.bin file into rawnand.bin? I also just realized Hekate restores the NAND backup to eMMC but this was a backup of my initial sysNAND before installling CFW. I'd probably need to restore the backup through another method anyway?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
eMMC is not EmuMMC. If you restore to eMMC with Hekate you restore to SysMMC. You can change that to EmuMMC by turning 'SD emuMMC Raw Partition' ON in the restore screen. So IF the SX OS backup is compatible with Hekate you can restore it to SysMMC.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm... the website must be down. It worked when I posted the link :)

Edit: Fastly is down affecting several websites including Github.
Edit2: Link is working again

I know. LOL! :)

hmm... the website must be down. It worked when I posted the link :)

Edit: Fastly is down affecting several websites including Github.
Edit2: Link is working again

What do you think of this: Ignored anything else.. Scroll down for restore it.

https://www.cfwaifu.com/switch-nand-backup-restore/

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: petspeed

pioneerpeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried turning it on with an SX OS sd card. It shows the boot screen but then shuts off after without showing any menus. I think it's because the OFW has been updated to 12.0.2 and SX OS only works with 11.0.0.
You can enter SXOS Menu.Just press volume+ once you have turned on your console.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I would suggest using a second sd card and format it exfat to restore with one big file. just have the bootloader folder, sx gear boot files and payload on it for hekate

Run a backup of the boot0/1 files to get the "backup/6 char folder/restore" on the sd card

On PC
open cmd in the folder with the backup
run "copy /b full.bin.00 + full.bin.01 + full.bin.02 + full.bin.03 + full.bin.04 + full.bin.05 + full.bin.06 + full.bin.07 rawnand.bin"
remove ".bin" extension on the boot0 boot1 files by right click then rename and remove the ".bin" and confirm when prompted
copy the 3 files boot0 boot1 and rawnand.bin to the restore folder

Then you should be able to restore with that backup

then you can go back and use your normal fat32 sd card and go from there

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If you try to restore your SX OS backup with Hekate I would make a new backup first incase the restore fails. Then you know for sure you have a backup that is compatible with hekate so you can get back to where you are now. Just in case

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I might be able to restore it using Hekate if I join the split full.bin file into rawnand.bin? I also just realized Hekate restores the NAND backup to eMMC but this was a backup of my initial sysNAND before installling CFW. I'd probably need to restore the backup through another method anyway?
Hekate supports restoring split backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol