1. mpiccion

OP mpiccion Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hello,
    I just bought a 2nd hand 3.60fw PSVita and now I need to remove the old PSN Account.

If I try to restore using the system menu, then the system ask me to update. So i Cancel the procedure...

My question is:
    If I restore in safe mode, then my PS Vita will be de-activate ?
    If a psVita is deactivated, then I will be able to re-activate without updating ?
    I see the guide
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-th...-check-here-first.403035/#Lower_FW_Activation
    but I have not a PS3...

In a PSVita restored (and not activated), can I install HENKaku and Homebrew?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by mpiccion, Nov 25, 2016
  2. tjok3000

tjok3000 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    You can try to format the memorycards before restoring.
    And do a system restore / factory reset with the method using the power button, R button, and PS button.

I did it last week and I could without activating install henkaku. And it stayed on 3.60, I double checked a folder called psupdate if it was empty. And unchecked 'auto download update firmware' somewhere in the menu's.

3. mpiccion

OP mpiccion Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
  4. aIphaprime

aIphaprime Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Unfortunately no. I've tried every method possible, including multiple PSP demos installed via IDU mode and overwriting the .rif files. Nothing works. You'll have to track down a PS3 to activate for Adrenaline unless someone comes up with a way of spoofing PSN and/or activation on the Vita again.

5. mpiccion

OP mpiccion Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    hello, I restore my Vita using Power+R+PS buttons.
    At restart the (system ask me to) I format the memory card too

After this I was able to install Henkaku (online method and offline working)

Then I copy the old tm0 -> npdrm -> act.dat file that I backuped from the old PSVita user to the same restored Vita...

Obviously I am not connected to PSN...
    How can I check if my vita is actived or not ?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - activate, Restore, 2ndHand