Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Story

In the distant future, Earth has undergone a drastic change in the environment. For reasons unknown, poisonous layers of gases permeated the land, which resulted in near extinction for mankind due to our inability to adapt to the new changes. The remaining humans built a gigantic device called Basel, an environment purifier buried deep in the ground, which cleanses the air in the surrounding land and hopefully the rest of Earth as well. Civilization began to reform around Basel itself, building a city around the tower. The upper classes live in luxurious apartments at the top of Basel while the lower classes reside among the many districts built around the base and stem of the tower. For countless years, all is well, until one day the purifier inside Basel begins to malfunction.

Gameplay

The game utilizes what is known as the tri-Attack-Battle system or officially t-A-B for short. The battle system is a semi-realtime battle system which means that it is a mixture of a real-time and turn-based battle system. The game consists of battle elements such as command battles and action battles. Players start the battle by selecting one of the player's characters to control, following which the player takes direct control over the character. The player can then move the character around and attack a target of choice, the character's move ends when the player's attack is over. Enemies are also able to move while the player's character is moving and would usually attack only the character being controlled by the player.

Each character's turn is time-limited, during which player's can keep moving and switching weapons until the time runs out. However during each turn, players are only allowed to make a single attack, after which even if time remains the character's turn ends. Attacking an enemy utilizes a charging system where the player first selects a target and then presses the attack button. Afterwards the character would begin to charge up in preparation for the attack, the attack is only carried out when the charge meter on the screen is filled up. Player's can also choose to charge up the attack multiple times though more time-consuming it results in a more powerful attack. The time needed to charge up is also dependent on the proximity of the enemy, the closer the enemy the shorter the time needed to charge up though it renders the player more vulnerable to attack. Enemy charge meter can also be observed floating above the enemies head.

Players are able to move about the battle field freely, though they have the choice to create predefined paths for their character to follow. While moving along the predefined path, characters gain access to Invincible attacks, which cause the player to be invincible as the attack is being carried out. However the use of these invincible attacks requires the use of an item known as the Invincible State gauge, the item is an essential element in battle and is earned through a variety of methods such as dealing a certain amount of damage to enemies. Characters can also defend themselves through various methods such as jumping which can be used to avoid enemy attacks or obstacles. Even while jumping in the air, characters are able to unleash a special attack which may result in certain stylish actions. Weapons in the game can also be easily customized by using items earned by defeating enemies, these items can be further developed into an enhancement item such as a scope or additional ammunition for the weapon.

Players can restart any enemy encounters if they are defeated during battle, hence battles have been made more difficult so as to make battles more challenging. Players are also able to suspend and save the game anytime during the game. It is also possible to save the game during battles so as to allow players to enjoy the game at any time without time limitations.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been keeping my eye on this game since early this year when it was announced. Am planning to download the demo on PSN tomorrow and try it out for myself and this game (and its battle system) looks really fun from what I've seen. I think Sega and tri-Ace have a winner with this one and I hope it turns out well for them.

A

Azngamer15

lol do they HAVE to jump 50 feet in the air everytime they make an attack?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azngamer15 said:
lol do they HAVE to jump 50 feet in the air everytime they make an attack?
No. Jumping in the air is completely optional. You just do more damage that way. You press the square to jump in the air and the X button is to attack. But if you do not jump and you do sufficient enough damage while on the ground, you get an option to knock them in the air where you can do more damage.

I played the demo and its really well done battle system, a mixture of turn-based and real-time. Though I think the boss was pretty easy cause it only took all the characters two turns to actually beat it.

tommyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool thanks.
Also have a good NEW YEAR.
yay.gif

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it and hated it, Tri-Ace has been dissapointing me a lot lately...they use to be one of my favorite companies too =-(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1