Resizing a WBFS Partition to be larger

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by spiderjjr45, Jun 11, 2009.

Jun 11, 2009
  1. spiderjjr45
    OP

Newcomer spiderjjr45 Member

United States
    So when you make a WBFS Partition larger, the space you added doesn't become part of the partition. I knew that. But is it possible to format that new space without formating the rest of the partition? I need it to go back to it's old size, as no WBFS managers now recognize the partition.

2. spiderjjr45
    OP

United States
    As an added note, the Wii does recognize the partition, but only the size that it was before the resize. I guess because of this, a partition resizer on the wii would work.

3. Gwaith

Member Gwaith GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    May I ask you with which tool you enlarged the WBFS Partition? Because I didn't know there was any tool capable of that.

4. spiderjjr45
    OP

United States
    Norton PartitionMagic

Resized a 45 gig WBFS partition to be a 50 gig WBFS partition.

5. Elfish

Member Elfish GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    i'm wondering about that since day 1 of usbloader

6. spiderjjr45
    OP

United States
    I've found somewhat of a solution...

I've resized the original partition to the approximate size of how it used to be. However, since it's not exactly the same size, WBFS managers still don't work with it. But I've taken the 5 gigs of NTFS partion I have now and formated it to be WBFS. So now I have one 45 gig partition that doesn't work with managers, and one 5 gig partition that does work with managers.

Now how do I go about running both partitions using uLoader?

7. Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer Hyaku Shiki Member

Canada
    Im the opposite. I have a 500G WD drive that is all WBFS. And now I want to make a 15G FAT32 on it for files. I wonder if I used Partition Magic and reduce the size of the partition if it will work.

8. AdmiralKnight

Newcomer AdmiralKnight Member

Canada
    From what I've read, you basically muck up the WBFS drive if you start fooling around with the size. Your best bet, even though it'll take a while, is to copy back all your ISOs, delete the partition completely, then re-organize how you want them, then put the ISOs back on.

9. Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer Hyaku Shiki Member

Canada
    I may just end up doing this. What are the benefits of having a 30 Gig partition for Fat32? Is it worth the trouble to have the files running off the Fat32 instead of SD? What else can we use it for?

Thanks

10. spiderjjr45
    OP

United States
    Hahaha, I wish that were possible at the moment.

But the only thing that now recognizes my partition in the Wii, so I can still play games off of it. But when I hook it up to the computer, no WBFS managers work with it anymore; so I have no idea how to get the ISOs back. Unless someone designs something that can rip ISOs off of the USB drive when it's hooked into the Wii.