Gaming Resistor values for AGB-E06-10 boards

buckchow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anybody handy with a meter could provide the resistor values from any AGB-E06-10 cart that would be great. Some games that should have this board are listed below.

Wario Land 4
Metroid Fusion
Pocket Music
Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Eternal Duelist Soul
LEGO Island 2 - The Brickster's Revenge

I was cleaning up a Wario Land 4 cart that wouldn't save and two of the surface mount resistors popped off of the board. To avoid making things worse for the poor cart, it would be nice to put resistors back in that have the correct values.

Thanks. :)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't measure resistors with an ohmmeter while they're still on the board, because you'll be measuring the resistance of the entire circuit across those two nodes.

buckchow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't measure resistors with an ohmmeter while they're still on the board, because you'll be measuring the resistance of the entire circuit across those two nodes.
That can be a problem with some circuits, but there are no issues with that for the two resistors I knocked off. I attached a couple of "normal" (non-SMT) resistors to the contacts and the values of those resistors is all the meter sees in-circuit. So, if anyone can read the original resistors directly from the board that will be fine. :)

buckchow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they were coming up at about 0.456
Hmm, maybe Nintendo put different components on different AGB-E06-10 boards then. The ones that popped off of my Wario Land 4 board are R1 and R2, and I know when I tested them last night (before they popped off) that one was reading around 1k and and the other was around 100k, but I don't remember which went where. I'm also reading 100k from R4 on the board right now for whatever that's worth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."