Gaming Resident Evil Zero (Wii version) freezes at start - HELP?

SSJ4-Cassis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I load RE Archives: Zero (Wii version, NTSC-U) the game freezes after the wii strap screen, when the message about "This game contain scenes of violence and gore" appears.

I tried it from USB external HDD, it is the first game I can't find a way to run (even GH5 and Band Hero I managed to get working on 1st attempt).

I tried options fix 002 (on and off), block IOS reload (using cIOS 222 mload), tried loading with IOS 249 and the various combinations among these 3 main settings, all had same results @ freeze spot.

Maybe it is necessary an alternate dol thing or updating some old IOS? I've seen some ppl reporting problems with the Resident Evil Archives: RE (not Zero) and it seems it was something about IOS 33. I've never updated my IOS's, except for 53, 55, 56 and 60 (not sure about 60 though).

I hope someone can help me here?

My config:
Softmodded Wii v3.3 (never upgraded to newer system menus), NTSC console & game is NTSC also.
Waninkoko's cIOS 249 rev14.
Hermes cIOS 202, 222 and 223 v4.
Configurable USB Loader v49 (never used any other USB loaders before).
Tried Wiiflow 1.1 for the sake of this game and it freezes at same spot (Mansion background with the message about violence/gore, before game actually starts).
Also tried Neogamma R8 v15 beta because on another forum someone said it worked for him, but same freeze spot for me.
My ISO games are on a WBFS partition (even though you can have the ISOs loaded from FAT partition nowadays, I have too many games already on WBFS to re-do everything from scratch).

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
same problem here using configurable usb loader.

but this method works for me:
try to start the game with wiimote only, then when you are prompted to insert the nunchuck, insert the nunchuck, now the game will load flawlessly.

SSJ4-Cassis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmk tried that but didnt work. Still frozen at the same screen. Also, already updated to 4.1 with all most recent IOSs and still not working
frown.gif

Ntsc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem and I have US v3.3 system menu but since you said updating didnt' help I'll just stay at this version. Let me know if you figure anything out.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe you got a bad rip.. try to burn again or if you are using HDD, delete and install it again.

or worse.. try to download a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1