1. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Cool another shitty multiplayer game to go with a main game. It worked out so well with RE 3 Remake! :rolleyes:

I at least was hoping for RE-CV to get a PC port finally. I have no idea why Capcom hates that game so much, it's one of my favs!

Scott_pilgrim, Xzi and x65943 like this.
  2. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Nocturnal

Poland
    Looks pretty interesting. Given that 5 is my favorite, the more it strays from the original 3 titles, the better.

3. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    So... not old gen release ?

I was really hoping that Capcom's Giga Leak would be real ( not only for RE Village at Old Gen but also for MH Rise for PC and RE4 VR/REVelations 3 Switch )

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]
    Global Moderator

United States
    Does anyone actually play the multiplayer re games?
    It seems like every single one of those games have been flops (and not just the recent ones)

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  5. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    They did, that's what Resident Evil 7 was, and I'm all for it. None of this hyper-action bullshit of 5 and 6. It looks like first person view is the best way to scare, and I imagine it's mainly because it puts you almost right literally into the scares and dread that occur.

The first 3 games weren't as scary as RE7 was, in my opinion.

6. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer
    Developer

United States
    Yeah, 7 was a saving grace.

7. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner The Edge of the Soul

United States
    I think Outbreak has a following from the RE fans proper, but that's mostly guys with emulators who'd be playing it now, and honestly, they're probably of the more die hard fan variety.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So, before The Horror is Alive went belly up, I remember reading an interesting thread about Code Veronica, and that it might have started development on the Saturn, as Capcom had mentioned something about wanting to port RE2 to the system, but thanks to the Saturn lagging behind the other two systems, and problems in RE2's development (remember, the game got a whole makeover from RE1.5), I think it was said that Capcom wanted to make it up to Sega players by making a Resident Evil game for their systems.

Eventually, the game moved over to the DC, Resident Evils 2 and 3 were ported to the DC thanks to WindowsCE, and Code Veronica was never ported to any other systems a year later. /s

Another thing I remember hearing is that Code Veronica wasn't actually made in house at Capcom. I think it was mentioned some other company did the actual dev work, with Capcom overseeing the project. That, mixed in with the fact that Code Veronica not exactly being on a lot of RE players' favorite lists, is probably why it'll be relegated to only being ported these days.

Scott_pilgrim and Xzi like this.
  8. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I am not a big fan of the direction they took with RE7. Between the first-person camera and the "guided experience" (aka total lack of action aside from scripted sequences), it just doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game at all, but rather like an Outlast game. Seems Village is going for a very similar vibe, but at least the setting is more interesting.

The good news is that, at the rate Capcom is going with remakes, games like Dino Crisis and Code Veronica aren't totally out of the question. So they are trying to keep several types of RE fans happy, and to some extent succeeding.

The other positive thing about these games is that they see deep discounts rather quickly after launch. So even if Village only registers as a "meh" to me, it'll be hard to resist picking it up when it's $10 or $15 just a few months out from launch. Can't believe anybody would bother to pre-order.

Last edited by Xzi, Jan 22, 2021
    ZeroFX and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  9. Silent_Gunner

United States
    IDK, I just don't see Capcom tackling Dino Crisis anytime soon in the same way that they'd divert any of the fighting game department's efforts from SF6 towards, say, a new Rival Schools or Darkstalkers...which might be for the better in the latters' case after some recent...developments at the company.

Scott_pilgrim and Xzi like this.
  10. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

United States
  11. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It Capcom liked their fans, they'd give us an HD remaster bundle of the Outbreak games, and put the online back on.

12. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    RE:Make is a different ballgame compared to the original RE.

13. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    Honestly after the shitty multiplayer game that came with r3make, I don’t have much confidence in this

Xzi likes this.
  14. Silent_Gunner

United States
    So, I saw the trailer for the multiplayer and...Resident Evil deathmatch...? Just...wha'?

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I´m getting Resident Evil 4 vibes here!:)
    Bring back Saddler and we are ready to go!:P

16. SkatesBest

SkatesBest Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Why won’t they just bring back ORC? All I need is a re-release on current consoles and I’d be content.

17. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    I never liked RE7, tried to love it but couldn't. I find it very different from original RE atmosphere, more like the Evil Within.

Btw, Please Capcom Remake Dino Crisis 2. I have it on PSN and still play it to this day because I find the jungle very beautiful :)

18. ita54

ita54 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
  19. JustJay

JustJay GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Without the first few Resident Evil games, there probably wouldn't be a survival horror genre. They literally put them on the map and hundreds of others games would not have been made without Resident Evil.

Draxikor likes this.
  20. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    So resident evil Battle Royal?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - multiplayer, Resident, releases