Resident Evil Village releases May 7, 2021, new multiplayer title included in purchase

download.jpg

Earlier today, Capcom ran a Resident Evil showcase, giving a more detailed look at the newest game in the series, plus announcing a new title. Resident Evil Village will release on May 7, 2021, for the Playstation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC, as well as previous-generation consoles, the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. It will support Smart Delivery on the Xbox consoles and PS4 users will be eligible to receive an upgrade to the digital version on PS5. A demo for Resident Evil Village will be released exclusively on Playstation 5 later today. Similar to the Resident Evil 7 teaser demo, it will not feature the game's main protagonist and likely will be supplemental to the full game, rather than a slice of included content. Another, fuller demo is expected for release sometime in Spring.

Additionally, Capcom announced Re:Verse, an online multiplayer shooter set in the Resident Evil universe. Not much is known about it right now, but the teaser trailer shows various characters from the series coming together in what appears to be a typical online deathmatch game-type. Re:Verse will be included with all copies of Resident Evil Village.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally again a Resident Evil Game that we can look forward to...:)
What so they did announce Revelations 3 :rofl2:.

The main line series hasn't been any good since 4.

The two Revelations games are rather good and more like classic Resident Evil than the main line series is now.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
What so they did announce Revelations 3 :rofl2:.

The main line series hasn't been any good since 4.

The two Revelations games are rather good and more like classic Resident Evil than the main line series is now.
:rofl2:

According to the Video/Pictures,it seems it is going "again" back to the Roots...perfekt.gif

D

Deleted User

... That showcase. Starts at 30 minutes in and ends with around 5 minutes of a still screen.

There was no mention about VR capabilities which is surprising seeing that the PlayStation 5 hardware is much faster, and they said they can create a PlayStation 4 version of Village; if they can optimise for Last Generation, then VR should be doable, either on 4 or 5.

Hopefully it comes through on a later announcement; if they're sticking to the First-Person camera angle, might as well stick our heads right in there.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So Resident Evil: Vampires with a free copy of Left4Dead thrown in for good measure. Neat.

I'll pass, but neat.

Resident Evil hasn't felt the same since the first 3 games. They really should go back to the drawing board and scare us again.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My first thought with that name was an animal crossing / resident evil crossover

Imagine a group of these dogs running after you as you swipe at them with an axe

167px-385_Lucky_amiibo_card_NA.png
A Resident Evil style Animal Crossing would be awesome. I would buy it just to kill the evil fucker that is Mr Resetti :rofl2:

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess if one considers any of the first three games to be scary. It's like Sesame Street compared to the first few Fatal Frame games. ;)
maybe I was a punk kid, but playing resident evil 1 on the gamecube scared me so much. Something about that fixed camera and not knowing what you were walking into was terrifying.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
maybe I was a punk kid, but playing resident evil 1 on the gamecube scared me so much. Something about that fixed camera and not knowing what you were walking into was terrifying.
I agree, those fixed cameras led to quite some terrifying moments! I'm just glad they ditched the tank controls after RE2. The N64 version of RE2 had control type D, which let you control Leon and Clair like normal with the analogue stick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...