Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D to be shipped with a demo

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Ikki, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Ikki
    OP

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    Today Capcom is proud to announce Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City! It is in development for the PS3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. In addition the forthcoming Nintendo 3DS title, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, will ship with a playable demo of Resident Evil Revelations![/p]

Not much to say. I was already planning to get Mercenaries.

For those who don't like Mercenaries 3D being a standalone title, feel free to bitch Capcom about this demo just being avalaible to those who buy it.

Sauce. Bitching here.

2. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    I think the Mercenaries is worth being its own title. This just makes it better. Really looking forward to it now.

3. Cloak519

Member Cloak519 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Same. Mercenaries looks like it has enough content to be a standalone title, and having a demo thrown in along with it makes me smile.

4. Keva

Member Keva GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    They should make the the demo downloadable.

5. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    That actually make sense, all demos should be available for download.

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Mercenaries mode itself was rather forgetful in the games and odds are wasn't worth much playtime. I don't see what would be appealing about taking that mode and putting on a handheld with worse controls and worse multiplayer.

I just find a lot of people are completely ignoring obvious downsides of a game on the 3DS simply because it's on the 3DS.

7. Ikki
    OP

Uruguay
    I won't deny there's people that do that. But in this case, the downsides are pretty much just in your head.

8. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    I loved Mercenaries mode in RE4, and I had planned on getting the game when it comes it, so this news is even better. [​IMG]

9. Guild McCommunist

United States
    I'm talking downsides like worse multiplayer and worse controls. At least on console versions you just needed two controllers, the console, and the game for local multiplayer, and you can wire most of your consoles for better online play than wireless. Plus I don't think anyone would say the thumb pad/analog slider/whatever you call it beats an analog stick, let alone two of them.

I just don't think the game has enough content really. It's a survival type of mode, whoop-di-do. If Bungie said they were putting out a version of Halo's Firefight mode alone for $40 I'm sure people would be furious. But not here, since it's Resident Evil and since it's the 3DS.

10. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    This is like Halo 3: ODST. Most people thought the game wasn't worth the price and bought it only for the Halo Reach beta, but others kept it because it was actually good.

11. Ikki
    OP

Uruguay
    It's just the community you're at. Go to an Xbox oriented forum and people would gladly pay those 40 bucks for a standalone version of Halo's Firefight. If I had a NGP and this game was released for it, I'd pay the 40 bucks. I don't care if it's for the 3DS.

It's a matter of you liking or not the game mode, and how much you like it.

12. Guild McCommunist

United States
    What I'm saying is that it seems people here are able to ignore the obvious fact that they're being ripped off with a lack of content in a game simply because it's a Nintendo console. I can buy a better version of SSFIV for half the price. But since it's on the 3DS, they'd be willing to pay twice as much for a worse version of the game. I can buy a whole version of Resident Evil 5 (with all the DLC, mind you) for like $30. But people would be willing to shell out $10 more for the mini-game in it with worse controls, worse graphics, and worse online because it's on the 3DS.

13. Ikki
    OP

Uruguay
    I don't want to sound like a fanboy but it's not just the Resident Evil 5 mini-game. It's the sum of Mercenaries on both RE 5 and 4, it has a skill system, more characters, more areas, more missions, I think you can even change the weapons your character has.
    Not to mention the portability.

I really doubt it will lack content.

I'm with you about SSFIV though. It's the same thing as the console version, just worse and more expensive. The only additions are a gimmick and noob friendly shortcuts, that's a real rip off.

14. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Portability is completely useless on a game that focuses on multiplayer. It's like wanting a portable version of Left 4 Dead. Did you want one? Neither did I.

Even with some expansions, it's still not worth it compared to just buying Resident Evil 4 and 5 honestly.

15. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    when is mercenaries going to be released, I can't find a release date any where...

16. Guild McCommunist

United States
    June 2nd in Japan, TBA everywhere else.

17. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    It's been said Mercenaries 3D has multiple game modes, first of all. Second of all, character customization, leveling up, etc. will add an entire other aspect to the gameplay.

I put in countless hours on Mercenaries on X360 with friends and even bought the expansions for it. Countless others have done the same. In fact, I still play it sometimes...

Also, I'll be surprised if it doesn't have online versus modes, like one of the expansions on the 360 did. They're releasing new information constantly. For example, at the rate they're releasing characters, I bet there will be at least 4 more characters.

18. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    How is Merceneries single player mode? Are there levels? Missions?

19. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    @Guild McCommunist

What make it worst because it not on a console?

You make it sound if it not on a console it bad,unplayable and not enjoyable.

You keep saying people buying X because it on 3DS.

No people are buying X because they want the game.

Man, there even a whole tournament on gbatemp.

That goes for your mutiplayer comment too.

Not all people own those consoles anyway.

With the future 8gb space would be nice for content too.

20. Guild McCommunist

United States
    But you're willing to spend $250 on a 3DS? Nice joke. I can buy a new Xbox 360 for less.

8GB hard drive space? It's not like PS3's come with 40GB (minimum, I'm pretty sure) and cheap Xbox 360 Slims come with 4GB internally (and you can use an external hard drive for an additional 16GB of space).