ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can't wait to hear what the plot will be for the series, quite hyped to see Claire and Leon back at it again.

As for a side note, I posted these news under "User Submitted News" around ~3 hours or so ago:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/residen...a-new-re-cgi-series-coming-to-netflix.574585/

Not complaining, but maybe it'll be good to have discussion made into the other one to keep this one clean?
Or making the source the other one, not sure :P

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wont last long, netflix have a record of making a hype and killing it off after a season or two, take the hype with cobra kia taking full credit and youtube did the 3 seasons.

They just throw money and brag they did the work.

I cant see them keeping this going.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw Castlevania series on Netflix. I love dit. Hate series but I have to be patient, lol. Can't wait for this! I am huge fan of Castlevania and Resident Evil!

Hope to see Chris Redfield. He is my favorite character. Don't liked Leon, thought.

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why they didn't use the same character designs from the RE2 remake? The source models were probably high quality enough to use in a production like this. I know it's probably due it being developed by separate studios, but it doesn't seem like it'd be too much of an effort to share assets.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wonder why they didn't use the same character designs from the RE2 remake? The source models were probably high quality enough to use in a production like this. I know it's probably due it being developed by separate studios, but it doesn't seem like it'd be too much of an effort to share assets.
  1. Indeed, they are different studios. Most of the CGI movies have been done by either Sony Japan or some other movie subsidiary based in Japan. The game studios have almost no involvement in terms of actual modelling and CG when it comes to the movies
  2. The models from RE2 don't make sense in a storyline that takes place almost 20+ years after the Raccoon City incident.
  3. If thy were to use those as base, they'd need to rework them heavily to match the current versions of both Claire and Leon that have been used in anything starting from RE6.
  4. At that point they might as well just redo the models from scratch.
  5. While doing them in the RE engine might be optimal, this is not a game, it's an actual movie which requires fast-moving scenes, flashy effects and such. Doing it entirely in the RE Engine might be really cost-inducing and not suitable for a production like this. It's no wonder why such technologies like the ones being made for current games haven't been used in a more mainstream or frequent manner in movie studios.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
i don't like that its CGI... i have urge to play it instead of watching.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I guess this is Capcom's way of apologizing for making VII and VIII focus on Ethan rather than characters people actually want to see.
RE7 is actually a pretty fresh and good game. im actually kinda tired of same characters, i wanted to see a new face.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...