May 2 - jun 30 2022
AI upscaling / post filters / manual editions
Size: uncompressed 7.02 GB compressed 2.20 GB
Number of textures: 6244
STATUS
-Intro and other menus:........100% FINISHED
-Monsters:............................100% FINISHED
-Effects:................................100% FINISHED
-Characters:.........................99.9% FINISHED (a neck texture of Chris in cutscenes i cant found the error left)
-Backgrounds:.......................100% FINISHED
-Main Font............................100% FINISHED
-Inventory.............................100% FINISHED
-Items/Books..........................99% FINISHED (there is a file texture i not have in my savegame the 14th one)
-Map descriptions..................100% FINISHED (the MAPS istelf cant be dumped)
-Battlemode..........................100% FINISHED
-Door transitions..................NONE FINISHED (non sense upscaling, they will be skipped with door skipping pnach cheat)
-FMV videos.........................NONE FINISHED (they cant be loaded, not compatible)

UPDATE 1.1 Oct 20 : just a lil update to support the spanish dubbing patch from http://www.lugerdorada.com.es the font, inventory, and menu missing ones
the updated pack work on the regular and patched isos

INSTALLATION

0- Decompress and put the SLES-50306 folder inside /textures of your PCSX2 emulator
1- Put the pnach file on /cheats folder, this is for disable door transitions (6EA9DDA9 original/ A5434CCF spanish patch)
2- DONT activate async texture loading, the texture loading will be slower in this case.
3-Optimal configurations inside READ ME! (dont be a fool and read it)

DOWNLOAD 1.1: h ttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17J87t5Yjg1nB1IDgGWfIvJlORUUfBGao/view?usp=share_link

LAST INFO: (MAR 2023) I am on final stages of the DOLPHIN version, better than this and with support for NTSC/PAL, so this pack will be no longer updated.

Image1.png
Image2.png
34.png
Image4.png
Image5.png

Last edited by JuanchoTexHD,

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
thanks for use spanish rom in your projects
That's because "I AM" spanish speaker amigo. Now with the patches and codes the problems of 60hz or other type can be solved in the PAL edition, apart from the English lang is always in the European version by the United Kingdom, it does not make sense to work in the US version unless you are English speaker or the European version is cut or censored.

Reactions: JamOn

Wencheng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
进行中的工作 - 项目开始:2022 年 5 月 2 日 - 完成 ??
对于欧盟版本 SLES-50306(EN、DE、FR、ES)

AI 升级 + 后置过滤器
库存/介绍/菜单:手动版本
字体:新
FMV:不是现在
一些比较,(游戏太暗亮度调整为大写)
View attachment 308536View attachment 308537View attachment 308538View attachment 308539View attachment 308540View attachment 308541View attachment 308542View attachment 308543
请下载链接?纹理是png的?还是 DDS?

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
请下载链接?纹理是png的?还是 DDS?
Its a work in progress job. i am testing the upscaling algorithms and calibrating results in this stage. for now is nothing to download. and the final textures will be in .dds Translation to Chinese: 这是一项正在进行的工作。我正在测试升级算法并在此阶段校准结果。目前没什么可下载的。最终的纹理将.dds

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Textures with brightness correction: Starting Last texture adjustment and more brightness

COMPARATIVE: Original 6x Resolution VS Last and definitive texture (NO RESHADE, NO emulator adjust sliders)
new1.png
new2.png

Last edited by JuanchoTexHD,
  • Love
Reactions: jonaand2

SentaiBrad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now with the patches and codes the problems of 60hz or other type can be solved in the PAL edition, apart from the English lang is always in the European version by the United Kingdom, it does not make sense to work in the US version unless you are English speaker or the European version is cut or censored.
That is partially true, but a lot of games don't have that hack or they don't work right when they do. It's also worth noting that it can conflict with other patches. I don't have the example off-hand, and it's a small chance. For those willing to download the upscaled textures though, they probably would be willing to find the 50Hz to 60Hz patches if they exist; Am I misremembering that it's built into PCSX2 now?

That being said, for me, the bigger deal is RetroAchievement support.

https://retroachievements.org/linkedhashes.php?g=2606

RE4 for example is only linked currently to the US image. Someone might link it to the PAL version, but that might require a lot of dev time if the memory locations are different. A lot of the handheld systems do get linked to PAL roms because they usually don't have the 50Hz problem to start with, and like you said it offers more languages out of the gate.

Regardless, awesome work. I appreciate the hard work that folks are doing for these texture projects.

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
That is partially true, but a lot of games don't have that hack or they don't work right when they do. It's also worth noting that it can conflict with other patches. I don't have the example off-hand, and it's a small chance. For those willing to download the upscaled textures though, they probably would be willing to find the 50Hz to 60Hz patches if they exist; Am I misremembering that it's built into PCSX2 now?

That being said, for me, the bigger deal is RetroAchievement support.

https://retroachievements.org/linkedhashes.php?g=2606

RE4 for example is only linked currently to the US image. Someone might link it to the PAL version, but that might require a lot of dev time if the memory locations are different. A lot of the handheld systems do get linked to PAL roms because they usually don't have the 50Hz problem to start with, and like you said it offers more languages out of the gate.

Regardless, awesome work. I appreciate the hard work that folks are doing for these texture projects.
I agree what you say, but the pcsx2 just apply the patches submitted by enthusiasts, the emu dont fix it automatic.
The reality is that all games can be corrected with patches, the issue is the degree of complexity of each one. In the case of RE CV you have to do reverse engineering to get the code, "Felix the cat" a user of the pcsx2 forums I think is the only one I have seen able to get a code for this game, the patches can be extracted with different methods, some are wrong, for example, the 60hz patch for ntsc is wrong since it duplicates speed. currently 3 patches are needed, 60hz, 60fps internal game and no interlacing. is that way or pray for texture replacements on xenia, I have no hope on rpcs3

SentaiBrad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I know patches can fix everything, I run a Github trying to compile as much as I can to enhance old games. I just recall there being a toggle in PCSX2 for 50Hz "conversion". I would have assumed it ran similarly to the normal Game Hack or Widescreen Patch option.

As to your texture pack, does it work on NTSC by just swapping the disc code? Not that this game has an achievement set yet, but it probably will.

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Oh I know patches can fix everything, I run a Github trying to compile as much as I can to enhance old games. I just recall there being a toggle in PCSX2 for 50Hz "conversion". I would have assumed it ran similarly to the normal Game Hack or Widescreen Patch option.

As to your texture pack, does it work on NTSC by just swapping the disc code? Not that this game has an achievement set yet, but it probably will.
Sadly, and this is clarified by devs, they cant make the regions have the same texture hashes like dolphin with the common files, with the language variants the only ones to edit by hand, its a pity, there is a lot of NTSC packs to be used in pal for multilang, the menus and localization files is little work compared with the whole game textures.

SentaiBrad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, and this is clarified by devs, they cant make the regions have the same texture hashes like dolphin with the common files, with the language variants the only ones to edit by hand, its a pity, there is a lot of NTSC packs to be used in pal for multilang, the menus and localization files is little work compared with the whole game textures.
There are some packs you can swap, but a lot more you can't. Damn.

Reactions: JuanchoTexHD

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Technically it can be done by using some image comparison programs and a file name editor. But you need the images dump of both games "NTSC & PAL" in order to compare the images. I did some testing successfully with images on DQ8, but nobody here have shared yet the dump folders of any game. Only the texture packs after they did the upscaling/rework.

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Technically it can be done by using some image comparison programs and a file name editor. But you need the images dump of both games "NTSC & PAL" in order to compare the images. I did some testing successfully with images on DQ8, but nobody here have shared yet the dump folders of any game. Only the texture packs after they did the upscaling/rework.
i remember you mentioned it early, you need guys who want to play the entire damn game and give you the textures i know, but its difficult to find. looking in YT i noticed much people dont knows yet about texture replacement in pcsx2, and a year has passed since the implementation. strange.

About RE CVX i recently discover how to eliminate shaking in bob mode , activating "skip presenting duplicate frames" in advanced tab, gives better result than blend mode.

SentaiBrad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember you mentioned it early, you need guys who want to play the entire damn game and give you the textures i know, but its difficult to find. looking in YT i noticed much people dont knows yet about texture replacement in pcsx2, and a year has passed since the implementation. strange.

About RE CVX i recently discover how to eliminate shaking in bob mode , activating "skip presenting duplicate frames" in advanced tab, gives better result than blend mode.
I don't know about dumping ALL of it, but I was getting to the point where I was wanting to make my own packs but getting the AI upscale running was annoying me so I stopped. If it comes down to just needing data, that I can try and do.

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Great work, going to use this one for sure.
i am starting a new version for the gamecube with another method since the pcsx2 scene never will make patches for the interleacing and fps drama, and much people says it is too sharp... maybe the incorrect process but the sharpening is another thing. but this time i take my time, i will not running only for receive bullshit, but dont look for me on dolphin forums, im tired of children trying to teaching me how things should look , only my YT channel:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: