Resident Evil CGI Movie

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Oct 29, 2007.

Oct 29, 2007

Resident Evil CGI Movie by Hadrian at 9:21 AM (1,659 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    After three incredibly meh action films that don't really have much to do with the series, Capcom/Sony have just announced that they are making a CGI movie called "Biohazard: Degeneration".

"CAPCOM Co., Ltd. (Osaka, Japan — representative director and president: Haruhiro Tsujimoto; hereinafter “CAPCOM”) and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan Co., Ltd. (Tokyo Japan — representative director and president: Ken Munekata; hereinafter “SPEJ”) have announced coproduction of “BIOHAZARD: Degeneration,” the first full-length CG animation feature based upon the BIOHAZARD series of games and movies.

BIOHAZARD, began as a hit international video game franchise created by CAPCOM, then made its debut on the silver screen as the live-action film RESIDENT EVIL (the international film title for BIOHAZARD), distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Entertainment. RESIDENT EVIL is the first trilogy of live-action movies to have come from a video game franchise. CAPCOM and Sony Picture’s Japanese subsidiary SPEJ have teamed up to give birth to a CG-animated BIOHAZARD with groundbreaking visual effects and a brand-new story line."

2. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Sounds awesome! I love CGI, I love Capcom, I love brain-eating zombie corpses from RE... How could this fail?

Having said that... The Resident Evil "films" (if I can even call them that) were absolute trash, beyond even the trashiest of Z-grade zombie films I have previously watched for the hilarity.

The only good line from RE was from the token African-American guy:

"Why didn't you tell me you got bitten motherfucker?!! I'm all hangin' with ya and shit!!!"

3. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    See the thing with some zombie films, even though they may be crap they can still be good to watch, like House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim! These though were just the usual typical videogame movie, amazingly theres people who love them! Each to their own I guess.

4. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    It's not so much that they can be crap, I love B-grade horror as long as it is presented as what it actually is.

RE was just over-hyped garbage not worth anywhere near the amount of money it cost to make... Dawn of the Dead all the way!

5. zombielove

Member zombielove GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Zombie movies are always good. Even when they're bad.

But the Resident Evil films aren't really zombie films at all. Just action.

I reckon this CG movie is gonna be sweet. Those guys at Capcom must be cringing whenever they see their franchise bastardised by Hollywood. Here's their chance to get it right.

Show us some CG zombie love, Capcom!

6. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I've met a surprisingly high number of British living in Australia that enjoy the RE movies for some reason. Quite a strange phenomena. Can't stand them myself...

I look forward to this CGI RE. It can't be worse than the live action ones

7. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    I'll totally watch this. I'll watch just about anything CGI though, so that's not saying much.

8. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Wow, this sounds so excitiing!~ I love Resi, and I do agree, the movies were CRAP. Hopefully, this will at least achieve expectations.

9. gov78

Member gov78 Ha made you Look

United Kingdom
    finally a movie actuly related to resident evil and not some random movie with zombies and resident evil strapped on it

10. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    I didn't watch the 2 last films, but the first one was above average IMO.
    Let's see if they turn out with this and the another Street Fighter Live action attempts...

11. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    the live action resident evil movies sucked ass im sorry

12. Nevin007

Member Nevin007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They really weren't Resident Evil movies as much as action/horror movies. If you look at it that way, I thought the first movie was actually really good. I thought it had great creepy atmosphere to it. I did see the movie first then played all the games so maybe that's why I liked it because I didn't have any expectations if that makes sense.

13. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I loved the first one, and the second one was enjoyable to me until Super Robot Cyborg Girl got involved, then it got stupid. Then the Kung Fu fight with Nemesis just made me shake my head...

14. TGBoy

Member TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

Kuwait
    Playstation Universe has gotten their hands on some images from the Resident Evil movie.
    Check out Playstation Universe for the full gallery.
    Playstation Universe

Here is a trailer too
    Resident Evil Dengeneration Trailer

As Sony owns the Resident Evil movie license, and Sony Pictures is creating the film, it is implied that the film will be exclusive to Blu-ray when it is released to the mass market.

15. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well I guess it'll also be on DVD too (as only putting it on Blu-Ray would be silly) but if not I'll pirate it.