Resident Evil 6 Collection to be Released

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice i may pick this up cause six games for the almost the price of one is a good deal.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have mixed feelings about the PS3 edition. On one hand, you get RE 1-6, which is a pretty sweet deal if you don't own any of the games yet. It starts to fall flat when you consider the PS+ subscriber base, who got RE4 for cheap when it came out (and maybe even for free by now), as well as having what have likely been multiple chances to pick up the first three games for free (I can name one chance for sure). Anybody who wanted it has bought RE5 by now, as well. RE4 has been a hot item for ages, and I'm sure that nearly every fan of the game who has had the chance has bought the game in some format, whether it be on GCN, PS2, or PSN.

Even then, break it down:
- RE6: $60
- RE5: $20 (New, physical copy, Gold Edition)
- RE4: $15 (PSN)
- RE3: $6 (PSN)
- RE2: $6 (PSN)
- RE1 (Director's Cut): $10 (PSN)

That's $117, about $27 more than that $90. If you happen to already own RE5, now it's only about a $7 difference. If you own either RE4 or RE1 at that point, the bundle is no longer worthwhile, and it's barely worthwhile once you factor out RE5 unless you really want to save that $7.

I mean, this bundle isn't even amazing if you own absolutely none of the titles. They just give you a lot of games and make it seem like the price is incredibly attractive.

The 360 version is actually a bit more worth it in the long run:

- RE6: $60
- RE5: $20 (XBL, non-Gold edition, so tack on about another $30 in DLC)
- Code Veronica X: $20 (XBL)
- RE4: $20 (XBL)

I won't count the movie because nobody is going to care about that. All of that individually would run you (including DLC to level out RE5) about $150. But here, again, is where we hit a roadblock. Say you already bought RE5 and all the DLC previously: boom, only saving about $10. If you bought RE4 as well, you're actually losing money at that point. Thanks to Microsoft's somewhat extortionate digital prices (I guess "HD" is enough to make anything worth $20), it is a lot easier to save money here.

Basically, the attractiveness of this bundle is entirely based upon previous purchases. If you happen to be a hardcore RE fan, chances are, you've already fleshed out your collection and this bundle isn't worthwhile. If you use a PS3, this bundle is already barely worthwhile if you simply spread out your purchases and don't mind spending a whole $27 more in the long run, or if you've been a PS+ member since, say, September last year.

Anybody who is interested should really gauge this carefully.

AkiroWolfman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that is a pretty smexy collection, the PS3 one is certainly a little better than the other one for the 360 but both versions are certainly money savers in the long run. Is anyone actually sure this is the same capcom who release on disk DLC. Hmmm I'm suspicious. However keep it up Capcom. If this is true then you are forgiven.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played CVX, don't have the HD version of RE4 (despite already owning the GC and Wii version) or any of the RE5 DLC (and even then the base game is tied to a secondary LIVE account), so for an extra $30 that's a good enough deal for me. Whether or not RE6 is worth my money remains to be seen, though.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A nice way to get people to get the whole series. And honestly, more games for the price of 1.5 games is quite good.

Even though I haven't really gotten into the series for a long time, I'll wait and see if this ends up being a must at some point. Especially if I find the collector's edition at a discount after release :P

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No pointing of this collection for me. I am waiting for Resident Evil 6 itself. It is good for people who never played them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.