Samutz

OP
Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it not possible to play RE4 in fullscreen instead of widesceen? I can't find anything regarding it in the options.
My tv is an old 20" tube tv and the game looks kinda small on it. Plus the text is hard to read. And if I sit closer to the tv, it's impossible to aim.

Samutz

OP
Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I know that. I've always had everything set to standard (4:3 and 480i). And all of my other games have always played in fullscreen. But RE4 is playing in widescreen with the black bars on top and bottom, taking up about a 1/3 of the screen total.

clivefrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's full screen for me, settings I'm using are 60hz & widescreen on a standard tv and it's not cropped at all.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yes, do what clive said, set it to widescreen. I've been doing that for a while but forgot to say that.

Samutz

OP
Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
The TV isn't that new. It's 8 or 9 years old. It doesn't even have RCA inputs. RF only.

However, I bought a new 27" flat screen TV yesterday. I was looking at buying one around March because I was getting sick of how small it was. But trying to play RE4 on a 19" finally drove me to get it over with. The game looks way better on it than the old tv. Not just bigger, but a lot crisper too.
(I know I said 21" before but I re-measured it later)

nycwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only use the settings b4 u play the game
nyanya.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let me re-iterate. Resident Evil 4 is widescreen only. The only way to make it fullscreen is to change your tv settings so that the widescreen image is stretched to fit the whole screen. Thus, things will seem a little weird because the image is stretched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.