Resident Evil 4 for Wii, 30$

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by hey_suburbia, Mar 29, 2007.

Mar 29, 2007
  1. hey_suburbia
    OP

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
  2. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Well, the aiming would be much better... [​IMG]

3. styrofoam

Newcomer styrofoam Member

Canada
    It'd be nice if game developers got off their butts and actually made an original game instead of taking older games and adding Wii controls to it.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I get a feeling its one of those crap early april fools, Capcom already has a Res Evil game for later this year but then theres 3 DS Final Fantasy's due this year so anythings possible.

EDIT: Just fount this link saying its listed on EBgames http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/03/2...ion-on-the-way/

5. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Gamestop pulled the original posting, leading me to believe it's an April Fool's Dealie (never thought Gamestop was into that kinda stuff though...)

Plus, I've never known Capcom to tack on stupid suffixes to titles of "Ported" games. Wii Edition? It just sounds too corny to be true...

6. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Imagine the chainsaw Wiimote [​IMG]

Swing it to carve your way through zombies (and villagers [​IMG] ).

7. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    As long as I can use my GC save game - I'm halfway through and I really don't want to start again [​IMG]

8. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Fuck yeah, dude, that game is friggin loooong.

9. aligborat69

Member aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

The video is a bit Dodgy, what with the Gamecube green "A" button, and the fact that i find it hard to believe the wiimote would be used in the way the video shows. I would love for a "Wii-Edition" of this game, so long as they dont go crazy with silly remote movements. Even if this is not true, the Umbrella Chronicles Resident Evil game is on its way to wii this year anyway, we all know its going to rock. :-)

10. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    It's a fan-made mock up video based on their interpretation of how they think a Wii version of RE4 would play out with the Wiimote. The creator says he added it as "eye-candy" to accompany the posting.

11. sabinraijin

Member sabinraijin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    AF joke or not, Capcom needs to leave RE4 alone before they completely ruin its good name. The horrible PC port they let Ubi-soft make was bad enough, but this would really seal the coffin.

12. mr_blonde_88

Member mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

United Kingdom
    The PC edition of RE4, did it add any extra's over the GC version?

13. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    New weapons, costumes and bonus "Assignment Ada" missions. Think the same as PS2

You'd need a decent gamepad to enjoy it, keyboard play is horrible and even with a controller controls feel a bit clunky but its nowhere near as good as the GC version. Just your typical console to PC port, it feels like you are playing on a emulator but minus any options and you cant actually exit the game.

I'd welcome a Wii port as I never got round to buying the GC version, so only own it by naughty means, probably will buy it one day. If its just the GC version with Wii control but WITH the option to play with GC controller, and if its cheap like the PC version and has some nice extras.

14. mr_blonde_88

Member mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

United Kingdom
    ahhh, i see
    well, if they port it to the Wii, i hope it's the GC version, but with the PS2 extra's

15. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Looks to be truer each day, Ign just posted this:

"If you were planning on picking up the GameCube version of Resident Evil 4 to get some extra playtime out of your Wii, you may want to hold off on the purchase for just a bit. Multiple online retailers in Japan are now listing a Wii version of Resident Evil 4 for Japanese release on 5/31. The latest is Chadran Club, which while not listing the game on its Wii page, did give it a mention in its weekly e-mail newsletter.

With the title having already appeared in (and quickly disappeared from) retailer databases in America, it's looking more and more likely that RE4 Wii is as sure as a sequel to Nights. We just need Capcom to announce it."

So my hopes for it if it is true is, directors cut GC version with PS2 extras, some more extras as well plus sharper graphics, an option to play it with GC controller (in case the Wii controls messes it up). Also wouldn't mind if they added in some of the rejected levels that was made when this game was first announced. And finally at a budget price, say £20.

16. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Full screen & Hooked Man?

I´ll get it.

17. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    CHRIST Capcom give us a 2d fighter for the wii! the classic controller is p e r f e c t for them

18. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Aw man when i saw that trailer thingy i remembered just how awesome that game was! Gotta play it again sometime real soon [​IMG]