Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill not working

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by elunesgrace, Aug 25, 2013.

1. elunesgrace
    OP

elunesgrace GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    So my hacked vWii won't run either RE4 or Silent Hill for the Wii.

What setting am I missing to get them to run (because they ran on the modded Wii I had).

2. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    some more information, pls?
    what hdd are you using, which loader? do other games work?

3. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    also are you using a fat32 partition or a wbfs it shouldnt matter? and which D2X did u install (D2Xv10 beta 52 or 53)? apparantly beta 52 has better compatability!!

elunesgrace likes this.
  4. elunesgrace
    OP

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    Sorry about that

I'm using USB Loader GX

Every game I've tried works except these two.

The HDD I'm using is a seagate backup plus portable without a Y cable (as it has been working without it).

The HDD is a wbfs partition.

I installed D2Xv10 beta 52

Thoughts?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You used base 56 for IOS249 and base 57 for IOS250? Did you try with both? Do you have base 58 on IOS251 (shouldn't be needed but some people still install it and it could help too I suppose?)
    Base 56 should work with the vast majority of games, I am not sure about those two though.

It's also possible you could have bad/corrupted dumps, apparently WBFS corrupts existing games when you add new ones sometimes. I suggest doing an error check on your drive with Wii Backup Manager, and converting it to FAT32 with http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-convert-from-wbfs-to-fat32-or-ntfs.292391/ and if none of that helps try replacing them with a clean dump.

elunesgrace and jammybudga777 like this.
  6. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    ill test out these games either later tonight or tomorrow for you. do you know what region they are?

elunesgrace likes this.
  7. elunesgrace
    OP

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    Yes I used base 56 for ios 249 and base 57 for ios 250 and base 58 for ios 251.

Do I have to manually switch between them? It always loads ios 249 when booting anything.

I will do an error check and update.

They are both North America versions I believe

8. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    ok ill see what versions i have and i will get round to testing them but probable not untill tomorrow night because they need converting and then puttin on my other hard drive

elunesgrace likes this.
  9. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You have to set the IOS to use in your loader settings, either globally or game-specific. But I don't know of any games that actually require base 58. ModMii doesn't even let you install it, not even through the cIOS download option. IOS251 isn't an option.
    You should try all of the cIOSes when you have problems with a game. I don't think there's a list of games that require base 57 or 58 but generally when you have a problem with select games it's either a cIOS incompatibility or a bad dump.

elunesgrace likes this.
  10. elunesgrace
    OP

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    Do let me know! =)

Ok so currently 3 games aren't working:
    Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
    Resident Evil 4
    Silent Hill Shattered Dreams

All 3 of them have the exact same issue, ie they won't load at all.

Currently I'm trying to find other backups of them to run.

Here's what's interesting: When I load them on USB Loader GX, they won't even show the animation when you select the title. You know the small preview? It just shows a black screen!

I don't think this is a cIOS issue, because if that was the case it should at least run a preview, and just have issue when booting the game no?

I tried cIOS 250 for silent hill but it just freezes my console and I have to unplug the console (just like cIOS 251). I can keep trying but I don't want to keep unplugging the console I'm pretty sure that's not good for it.

11. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    i found out a while ago when i used to use usbloadergx that if the annimation/preview wasnt there and like you say they are blacked out. that means you need to copy then on to your hard drive again because the iso wasnt not copyied properly or is corrupt. i would personally advice using wiiflow

elunesgrace likes this.
  12. elunesgrace
    OP

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    SOLVED!

So essentially it wasn't the cIOS, for some reason all 3 of those games were corrupt.

I don't think they were bad dumps (because they worked on the Wii which is where I transferred them over from). Which means that for some reason they got corrupt when they were copied over, or maybe the copy installed itself was corrupt I'm not sure.

Thanks a ton guys! I'll like all your comments for all your help =)

Thanks!

13. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Like I already said, WBFS occasionally corrupts existing games when you add new ones. That's why you should convert to FAT32.