1. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    While I was one to laugh at the left4dead2 being too soon boycott I can see the general notion being a good one. Release it, let it breathe, ply it with some updates and DLC, allow mods to start trickling in... release another game just after it and you risk disrupting that. On the flip side your devs might also have troubles maintaining pace or if you split it between teams you end up with a schizophrenic output (see most later COD titles, assassin's creed, before sports games decided to become roulette wheels then those too if they tried changing, possibly need for speed with things like shift) unless you are really good and I don't think Capcom has been really good for a while now.

There is the option that this is like the classic release a new game (engine) and the next year is spent polishing that up with lessons learned (I don't know how many times we have seen this, even more so if you count expansions/DLC and "gold" releases) but to dismiss worries of franchise fatigue and the others out of hand is rather brash from where I sit.

2. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Why?

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

United States
    more likely cheaper

Shalashaska98 likes this.
  4. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    yeh lets wait another 2 years to save few quid -crazy:lol:

alexander1970 likes this.
  5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Is the game going to age badly during that time? As it stands we have plenty of people waiting 1 year plus for a GOTY/gold/ultimate/... edition of a game so they get all the DLC and bugfixes, and presumably with this being a showpiece port for new hardware then a graphical bump too. Single player is likely a focus too so you won't even have the servers being a ghost town* problem.

*personally I would say if something is a ghost town then the game, or indeed the multiplayer aspect thereof, was not that good if it is a million + selling game.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Resident, launches, Remake