1. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    As much as anyone could complain, RES 2 REMAKE is nothing like RES2 whatever other version ever... the REMAKE is almost like a pure full new game even though the game takes place and has most of the original stuff, but the game is a whole totally different beast and has a super damn nice butter smooth gameplay, totally enjoyed it...

Resident Evil was going the bad way with RES 6 and Racoon City, they were pure garbage, RES7 was a complete redesign and RES2 remake is like when old meets new, I actually prefer it to the older RES style games...

ps: Sure I think they could also be working on a totally new different Resident Evil, but those full remakes are also so different than the original that is like a new game and its cool to remember the old parts but now looking amazing and so much better and with an actual very nice gameplay...

drazenm, CORE and alexander1970 like this.
  2. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Dino Crisis can't be far behind.

Armadillo and alexander1970 like this.
  3. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Its a REMASTER of a Remake.... the PS4 version :v

4. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

United States
    I would love to see it too. I think it is possible with the current hardware we have. as for how good thats anyone's guess. I think if we had a little more RAM and the Tegra X1 ran at its regular clocks we would be alright.

5. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    I can hardly believe they cranked this out so damn fast, and only 4 months to release date? I kind of hope this one gets delayed to polish it up. And I'm a guy who hates delayed games.

6. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    Why Capcom change Chris and Jill face though?

7. vbarros22

vbarros22 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I hope they dont touch in REmake. Best remake and best Resident Evil ever made

CORE likes this.
  8. shano

shano GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    REMAKE THE REMAKE ;P

9. tommasi

tommasi Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Now we’re one step closer to Dino Crises Remake :)

10. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Please don't repeat. They already told me and I commented them. Read it before you say anything. Don't repeat.

11. Dominator211

United States
    I’m not totally digging how Jill and Carlos look. Especially Jill she doesn’t really look like herself. Can we all band together and her changed

12. relauby

relauby Contributor
    Contributor

Canada
    Yeah, the realistic eyes and teeth they went with on Jill are really off-putting. I’m sure if enough people raise their concerns they’ll redesign her to a more faithful cartoon-y look, even if it means delaying the game a few months. Oh well, either way, Jim Carrey as Nemesis seems like he’ll be a lot of fun so I’m in on this either way.

13. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    So watched the video. Not convinced by the character designs, be it as a modern twist on the classic ones or as standalone characters. The voice acting at points was less than stellar (the you have to get out of there line was delivered with all the emotion of me telling someone how to achieve something in a board game or something, which was somewhat at odds with the visuals.

That said as a teaser that was not bad at all. The first person segments were a bit cliche (the falling over stuff... maybe I could believe a tired civilian did that but a seemingly well rested and otherwise healthy former Delta Force operative turned SWAT team member? Maybe her original birth date of 1974 is still canon and she is 45 or so and the game is set in present day, also paths taken were maybe not what I would expect or what I would take in real life but yeah game engines and all that).

I would like to see some blend of 4-5 gameplay* with 0 through 3/code veronica story/approach to the world.

*I know it has become somewhat popular in recent years to hate on 5 but I do love co-op and its motion, though I would lean back towards 4 a bit more for this project. Though I would probably do a the movie - the game for something in the anime films (that airport one maybe), or possibly if remakes have to be done then Resident Evil Outbreak.

alexander1970 likes this.
  14. CPG

CPG Yes, Rico, Kaboom.

Canada
    Alexander1970: so close.

15. CORE

CORE 3:16

United Kingdom
    Jill and Carlos are basically a new take on it and it honestly fine RE2Remake and this RE3Remake are totally new takes on the Franchise not the Remakes I was thinking off but they are awesome non the less.

16. Cecilmax

Cecilmax GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I already finished the remake of resident evil 0, re 1 and now im playing to finish the 2, can't wait for this remake. Theses games are real gem if you like the style, horror ambiance with not too much actions, just enough with a nice puzzles to resolves, very well defined cut scene, it is like watching a movie. A real candy theses games :)

17. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Ah,an other Resident Evil REMAKE Player.:yay:

Cecilmax likes this.
  18. Dominator211

United States
    i can't really put my finger on it but something is off about her face. she doesn't look like she did in HD Remaster, Revelations 1/2 and Resident Evil 5. And I'm not thrilled about the voice actor ethier she sounds just like Claire.

19. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    This might be the first time this decade where I actually think a game is releasing too soon after its predecessor. I seriously can't remember the last time I saw such a thing.

20. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Stupid comment of the day - resident evil remake 2 was released Jan 2019 so over a year it wil be -we want games thts what it is all about you kno what even if it was released a week after I'd be jumping up and down on my bed

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Resident, launches, Remake