Resident Evil 3 Remake launches April 2020

Following shortly after the accidental leak via the PlayStation Network, Capcom has confirmed the existence of a remake for Resident Evil 3, which has just been announced during the December 2019 State of Play broadcast. This time around, we get a cinematic trailer, along with the game's release date. Resident Evil 3's remake will be launching on April 3, 2020, and will come with Project Resistance, a 4v1 online mode, for free. The original game released over 20 years ago, back in 1999 for the PlayStation 1, with the remake being available on Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

LONDON – Dec. 10, 2019 – Today on PlayStation’s State of Play broadcast, Capcom celebrated the 20th anniversary of the survival horror classic Resident Evil™ 3: Nemesis by unveiling a completely reimagined Resident Evil™ 3. On the heels of the award-winning Resident Evil™ 2, this highly demanded follow-up in the 94 million unit selling franchise once again utilizes Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine to complete the Raccoon City story arc. Resident Evil 3 stars Jill Valentine – one of video games’ most iconic heroines – as she escapes from a crumbling Raccoon City while being pursued by the unrelenting bioweapon Nemesis. Players can also participate in previously untold Umbrella experiments on the outskirts of Raccoon City in the included online asymmetrical multiplayer game Resident Evil™ Resistance, previously known as the working title Project Resistance. Resident Evil 3 will be available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Steam on April 3, 2020.

Resident Evil 3 is set amidst the nightmarish outbreak of the T-virus, a biological weapon developed by the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Corporation. The game marks the debut of Nemesis – a towering humanoid bioweapon designed for both brutality and high-functioning intelligence – whose dogged hunt of S.T.A.R.S. member Jill Valentine made him an icon of the Resident Evil™ series. Armed with an arsenal of high-powered weaponry and wrapped in a black suit to hide his mutilated features, Nemesis will maim, pulverize or destroy any obstacle on the path to his target.

Jill’s harrowing escape takes place in the panic-stricken hours leading up to and following the events of the acclaimed best-selling Resident Evil 2. Intense combat and puzzle solving combine to deliver the heart-pounding final chapter of Raccoon City’s collapse. The horrific settings from the original game and new content come to life as never before with RE Engine, previously utilized to create the acclaimed Resident Evil™ 7 biohazard, Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry™ 5 with high-definition graphics and modernized gameplay mechanics.

Complementing the action-packed single player campaign is Resident Evil Resistance, an asymmetrical 4 vs. 1 multiplayer game originally unveiled as a working title at Tokyo Game Show earlier this year. As the Mastermind behind the scenes, players can assume the role of key Resident Evil characters like Annette Birkin in a series of deadly experiments. Manipulate the environment and wield a deck of cards to place vicious creatures, set traps and weaponized security cameras to snare hapless Survivors. A first for the franchise, Masterminds can even directly control elite bioweapons like G-Birkin and Tyrant. In turn, four Survivors must effectively work together, making the most of a variety of weapons and each player’s unique special abilities, to stand a chance of escaping the experiment before time runs out.

Resident Evil 3 will be available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Steam on April 3, 2020. Those who pre-order will also receive the exclusive Classic Costume Pack that features the original design for Jill Valentine and hairstyle for Carlos Oliveira (Please check with your retailer to confirm they’ll have this pre-order bonus available).

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as anyone could complain, RES 2 REMAKE is nothing like RES2 whatever other version ever... the REMAKE is almost like a pure full new game even though the game takes place and has most of the original stuff, but the game is a whole totally different beast and has a super damn nice butter smooth gameplay, totally enjoyed it...

Resident Evil was going the bad way with RES 6 and Racoon City, they were pure garbage, RES7 was a complete redesign and RES2 remake is like when old meets new, I actually prefer it to the older RES style games...

ps: Sure I think they could also be working on a totally new different Resident Evil, but those full remakes are also so different than the original that is like a new game and its cool to remember the old parts but now looking amazing and so much better and with an actual very nice gameplay...

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I see where it is.. Yeah, GameCube release is a remake. BUT.... According to PlayStation Store.. It is still remastered.. NOT REMAKE. Here:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-CUSA02337_00-BH0HD00000000001

Don't be confused. It was remake of GameCube ported to PS4 still is a remastered version according to the store playstation and wiki here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_Zero

Yeah, I am a little bit confused but correct myself :)

You know what ? Capcom is an idiot and they don't know what they are doing with Switch. Square understands Nintendo better than Capcom does. :)

You are correct that GameCube was just a remake but remastered to PS4. Sorry about that.

Its a REMASTER of a Remake.... the PS4 version :v

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's one of the best Resident Evil's I ever played and I played maxed out on PC so I don't think PS5 will be that far away from the current PC version maxed out...

Got pissed was seeing no RES 2 remake on the switch.
I would love to see it too. I think it is possible with the current hardware we have. as for how good thats anyone's guess. I think if we had a little more RAM and the Tegra X1 ran at its regular clocks we would be alright.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I can hardly believe they cranked this out so damn fast, and only 4 months to release date? I kind of hope this one gets delayed to polish it up. And I'm a guy who hates delayed games.

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’m not totally digging how Jill and Carlos look. Especially Jill she doesn’t really look like herself. Can we all band together and her changed

Yeah, the realistic eyes and teeth they went with on Jill are really off-putting. I’m sure if enough people raise their concerns they’ll redesign her to a more faithful cartoon-y look, even if it means delaying the game a few months. Oh well, either way, Jim Carrey as Nemesis seems like he’ll be a lot of fun so I’m in on this either way.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So watched the video. Not convinced by the character designs, be it as a modern twist on the classic ones or as standalone characters. The voice acting at points was less than stellar (the you have to get out of there line was delivered with all the emotion of me telling someone how to achieve something in a board game or something, which was somewhat at odds with the visuals.

That said as a teaser that was not bad at all. The first person segments were a bit cliche (the falling over stuff... maybe I could believe a tired civilian did that but a seemingly well rested and otherwise healthy former Delta Force operative turned SWAT team member? Maybe her original birth date of 1974 is still canon and she is 45 or so and the game is set in present day, also paths taken were maybe not what I would expect or what I would take in real life but yeah game engines and all that).

Resident Evil was going the bad way with RES 6 and Racoon City, they were pure garbage, RES7 was a complete redesign and RES2 remake is like when old meets new, I actually prefer it to the older RES style games...

ps: Sure I think they could also be working on a totally new different Resident Evil, but those full remakes are also so different than the original that is like a new game and its cool to remember the old parts but now looking amazing and so much better and with an actual very nice gameplay...

I would like to see some blend of 4-5 gameplay* with 0 through 3/code veronica story/approach to the world.

*I know it has become somewhat popular in recent years to hate on 5 but I do love co-op and its motion, though I would lean back towards 4 a bit more for this project. Though I would probably do a the movie - the game for something in the anime films (that airport one maybe), or possibly if remakes have to be done then Resident Evil Outbreak.

Reactions: Alexander1970

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jill and Carlos are basically a new take on it and it honestly fine RE2Remake and this RE3Remake are totally new takes on the Franchise not the Remakes I was thinking off but they are awesome non the less.

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Following shortly after the accidental leak via the PlayStation Network, Capcom has confirmed the existence of a remake for Resident Evil 3, which has just been announced during the December 2019 State of Play broadcast. This time around, we get a cinematic trailer, along with the game's release date. Resident Evil 3's remake will be launching on April 3, 2020, and will come with Project Resistance, a 4v1 online mode, for free. The original game released over 20 years ago, back in 1999 for the PlayStation 1, with the remake being available on Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

I already finished the remake of resident evil 0, re 1 and now im playing to finish the 2, can't wait for this remake. Theses games are real gem if you like the style, horror ambiance with not too much actions, just enough with a nice puzzles to resolves, very well defined cut scene, it is like watching a movie. A real candy theses games :)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I already finished the remake of resident evil 0, re 1 and now im playing to finish the 2, can't wait for this remake. Theses games are real gem if you like the style, horror ambiance with not too much actions, just enough with a nice puzzles to resolves, very well defined cut scene, it is like watching a movie. A real candy theses games :)
Ah,an other Resident Evil REMAKE Player.:yay:

Reactions: Cecilmax

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the realistic eyes and teeth they went with on Jill are really off-putting. I’m sure if enough people raise their concerns they’ll redesign her to a more faithful cartoon-y look, even if it means delaying the game a few months. Oh well, either way, Jim Carrey as Nemesis seems like he’ll be a lot of fun so I’m in on this either way.
i can't really put my finger on it but something is off about her face. she doesn't look like she did in HD Remaster, Revelations 1/2 and Resident Evil 5. And I'm not thrilled about the voice actor ethier she sounds just like Claire.

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This might be the first time this decade where I actually think a game is releasing too soon after its predecessor. I seriously can't remember the last time I saw such a thing.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This might be the first time this decade where I actually think a game is releasing too soon after its predecessor. I seriously can't remember the last time I saw such a thing.
Stupid comment of the day - resident evil remake 2 was released Jan 2019 so over a year it wil be -we want games thts what it is all about you kno what even if it was released a week after I'd be jumping up and down on my bed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1