Resident Evil 3 Remake launches April 2020

Following shortly after the accidental leak via the PlayStation Network, Capcom has confirmed the existence of a remake for Resident Evil 3, which has just been announced during the December 2019 State of Play broadcast. This time around, we get a cinematic trailer, along with the game's release date. Resident Evil 3's remake will be launching on April 3, 2020, and will come with Project Resistance, a 4v1 online mode, for free. The original game released over 20 years ago, back in 1999 for the PlayStation 1, with the remake being available on Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

LONDON – Dec. 10, 2019 – Today on PlayStation’s State of Play broadcast, Capcom celebrated the 20th anniversary of the survival horror classic Resident Evil™ 3: Nemesis by unveiling a completely reimagined Resident Evil™ 3. On the heels of the award-winning Resident Evil™ 2, this highly demanded follow-up in the 94 million unit selling franchise once again utilizes Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine to complete the Raccoon City story arc. Resident Evil 3 stars Jill Valentine – one of video games’ most iconic heroines – as she escapes from a crumbling Raccoon City while being pursued by the unrelenting bioweapon Nemesis. Players can also participate in previously untold Umbrella experiments on the outskirts of Raccoon City in the included online asymmetrical multiplayer game Resident Evil™ Resistance, previously known as the working title Project Resistance. Resident Evil 3 will be available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Steam on April 3, 2020.

Resident Evil 3 is set amidst the nightmarish outbreak of the T-virus, a biological weapon developed by the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Corporation. The game marks the debut of Nemesis – a towering humanoid bioweapon designed for both brutality and high-functioning intelligence – whose dogged hunt of S.T.A.R.S. member Jill Valentine made him an icon of the Resident Evil™ series. Armed with an arsenal of high-powered weaponry and wrapped in a black suit to hide his mutilated features, Nemesis will maim, pulverize or destroy any obstacle on the path to his target.

Jill’s harrowing escape takes place in the panic-stricken hours leading up to and following the events of the acclaimed best-selling Resident Evil 2. Intense combat and puzzle solving combine to deliver the heart-pounding final chapter of Raccoon City’s collapse. The horrific settings from the original game and new content come to life as never before with RE Engine, previously utilized to create the acclaimed Resident Evil™ 7 biohazard, Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry™ 5 with high-definition graphics and modernized gameplay mechanics.

Complementing the action-packed single player campaign is Resident Evil Resistance, an asymmetrical 4 vs. 1 multiplayer game originally unveiled as a working title at Tokyo Game Show earlier this year. As the Mastermind behind the scenes, players can assume the role of key Resident Evil characters like Annette Birkin in a series of deadly experiments. Manipulate the environment and wield a deck of cards to place vicious creatures, set traps and weaponized security cameras to snare hapless Survivors. A first for the franchise, Masterminds can even directly control elite bioweapons like G-Birkin and Tyrant. In turn, four Survivors must effectively work together, making the most of a variety of weapons and each player’s unique special abilities, to stand a chance of escaping the experiment before time runs out.

Resident Evil 3 will be available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Steam on April 3, 2020. Those who pre-order will also receive the exclusive Classic Costume Pack that features the original design for Jill Valentine and hairstyle for Carlos Oliveira (Please check with your retailer to confirm they’ll have this pre-order bonus available).

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again this is great and the RE engine should be put to good use and once you get yourself an infinite rocket launcher the real fun begins.. can't wait to play this in the dark in surround sound now brings us Dino Crisis :bow:

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best series ever? Probably - shit didn't expect so soon- 2020 what a year its looking to be

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be awesome. That's why I am not buying Resident Evil 2 Remake and now this. I will wait for remake collection on the next PS5. It will be my definitely list!!!!
It's one of the best Resident Evil's I ever played and I played maxed out on PC so I don't think PS5 will be that far away from the current PC version maxed out...

Got pissed was seeing no RES 2 remake on the switch.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's one of the best Resident Evil's I ever played and I played maxed out on PC so I don't think PS5 will be that far away from the current PC version maxed out...

Got pissed was seeing no RES 2 remake on the switch.

Maybe after 3 remake is out.. RES 2 remake downgrade could be on way to the Switch. Look at Witcher 3. Keep your mind open on this one.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe after 3 remake is out.. RES 2 remake downgrade could be on way to the Switch. Look at Witcher 3. Keep your mind open on this one.
Hope they make it for switch and on case of the RES I don't think it will have that much downgrade on the Switch, I'm sure they can make it look pretty good because the game actually even maxed out on PC has top performance and actually butter smooth gameplay and good visuals...

Alien Isolation for example the Switch version is actually way better than the PS4 version in some aspects and its a very high visual game which actually have gameplay with guns and other tools, it's not exactly a walking simulator... That's one of the rare kind of port for the switch were it actually is not just a walking simulator and can have high visual quality.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope they make it for switch and on case of the RES I don't think it will have that much downgrade on the Switch, I'm sure they can make it look pretty good because the game actually even maxed out on PC has top performance and actually butter smooth gameplay and good visuals...

Alien Isolation for example the Switch version is actually way better than the PS4 version in some aspects and its a very high visual game which actually have gameplay with guns and other tools, it's not exactly a walking simulator... That's one of the rare kind of port for the switch were it actually is not just a walking simulator and can have high visual quality.

Yeah. I don't mind for Switch version as well. We shall wait and see.

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The trailer looks pretty interesting. It seems like it’s gonna have some first-person and third-person sections, presumably third-person for fighting hordes and first-person for when you’re more helpless and running from Nemesis. That’s cool, but I wonder if switching perspectives will signal what kind of area you’re entering and ruin some of the tension. I’m really interested in seeing how this one turns out.

I think they’ve said they’re only giving the mainline entries remakes, so I’m curious if this means RE4 is around the corner, and if so what they’re gonna do to that game. It’s already got the over-the-shoulder action gameplay thing, and I don’t think it would work with tank controls or first-person. I love 4 though and have played it on most of the 800 consoles it’s been re-released for, so I’m there if they try to do something new with that game. I just think it’s riskier than it is with these previous remakes.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this increases my hope for a resident evil code veronica remake. I will be happy enough if it's re-released with a remastered graphic and gameplay like RE classics though.

Reactions: CORE

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Actually, you are not correct. Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 1 are the only one that aren't remake. Ported to PS4/PS3 from Nintendo Game Cube. This time.. They are remastered games instead.

Part 1 - Remake - very few new Locations and the Story Line is "expanded/altered"
Part 2 - Remake - very few new Locations and the Story Line is "expanded/altered"
Part 3 - maybe too.....:)

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually, you are not correct. Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 1 are the only one that aren't remake. Ported to PS4/PS3 from Nintendo Game Cube. This time.. They are remastered games instead.
Res 0 and 1 HD are remasters of remakes from the gamecube. Yeah... it does sound weird. Are you saying you want remakes of the remasters of the remakes? :creep:

Last edited by Zense,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over