Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil 3 (Extinction) was a really great movie

Me and my friends snuck in last night (one of my friends got caught by some fat guy - which was hilarious to me
biggrin.gif
) and watched it.

I had never seen one of the previous RE movies nor have I played a RE game.

I'm telling you - you've got to see it.
It's so freaking bad-ass.

Have any of you seen it?
Have ya seen any of the other ones (and where they very good)?

titoboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mouseonmars.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
Canada
well just seeing the trailer makes me wanna puke, it seems like a big pile of crap... even though I loved the first one and thought the second one was not so bad. That franchise could have been SO MUCH better... oh well...

Raze1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We have to wait until the 28th to watch it....

Previous 2 movies were not really good but they have Milla Jovovich in it, so it's ok.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw it yesterday...

It was enjoyable, but it wasn't that great of a movie. People expecting to see a Resident Evil movie that follows the game series... Look elsewhere. There are "cameos" if you will of various characters from the series thrown into the trilogy for fans of the series, but this is first and foremost the story of Alice and Umbrella.

I will let you know that a Dr. Albert Wesker does make an appearance in this movie, and that was by far my favorite part.

I like RE (the movies) because they aren't trying to make straight adaptations of the games, I think this would fail... Please, if Alice saw "something shiny in the corner" and then got attacked by a crimson head because the tank controls of the first three games were implemented in the movie... yeah, it'd be a train wreck. Instead, the movie makers are willing to go out of the box a little bit, and look at the franchise from a different angle.

That being said, the second movie was my favorite. The third was pretty good, and the first was my least favorite. I didn't think some of the rampant product placements for everything Sony were quite needed in this movie, but, that's the way this industry works I guess.

Want to know something funny about this movie... (don't read if you haven't seen it yet...)
My cousin thought "K-mart" might be Ashley from RE4... I pray to god not...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I thought the first one was ok but not much to do with Res Evil aside zombies. The second one was just boring and dull. This is coming from someone who loves zombie films (I actually liked House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim).

Though I hardly trust reviews, I do trust Bloody-disgusting.com and they say its really boring but saying that'll watch a R5 or DVD when they get onto the net.

Theres talk of a fourth film that'll be a bit of a reboot for the film series, and that will be more faithful to the games.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As I watched and own the previous two movies, I am pratically forced to go se Extinction.

I watched the trailer yesterday when I went to see "Superbad".

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum