'Resident Evil 2' E3 Trailer

re2.JPG

At the Sony' E3 press conference, Capcom unveiled the first look at the new Resident Evil 2 re-imagined 20 years later! The new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine. The remake will feature better graphics, voice acting, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. Iconic characters like Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield will be encountered once again, in their youth.

“The press and fan reaction to Resident Evil 2 when we said ‘We Do It’ in 2015 has been overwhelming. We’ve been very eager to unveil the new game to the world this week,” said Capcom Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi. “We want fans to see the reimagining of Resident Evil 2 not only captures the magic of the beloved original, but also expands it to deliver a richer experience. The first look at E3 is just a taste of what’s to come.”

Resident Evil 2 brings its reimagined brand of horror to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One X and Windows PC on January 25, 2019.

D

Deleted User

I wonder if the remake will allow you to replay the game with Claire on disc 2...
"Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives." Dunno how they're gonna do the story if there's no options for Scenario A/B, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hype train is coming. this looks excellent. damn, leon was truly a bishonen. I only managed to finish LeonA ClaireB back then. since it was the canon route, I was kinda uninterested to play ClaireA LeonB. but I hope there will be an alternative routes.

cannot wait to see RE2 hacks on PC so we could see adult sherry saving the child sherry. hahaha!

Last edited by eriol33,

MartyDreamy

Would you do anything for me?
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Holy crap! I just finished yesterday resident evil 6 and now Capcom announces resident evil 2 remake? I love you Capcom! My dad and my mom played this game on the first playstation and they loved it! Can't wait to play it too <3

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Holy crap! I just finished yesterday resident evil 6 and now Capcom announces resident evil 2 remake? I love you Capcom! My dad and my mom played this game on the first playstation and they loved it! Can't wait to play it too <3
you sir, just make me feel really really old:unsure:

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hype train is coming. this looks excellent. damn, leon was truly a bishonen. I only managed to finish LeonA ClaireB back then. since it was the canon route, I was kinda uninterested to play ClaireA LeonB. but I hope there will be an alternative routes.

cannot wait to see RE2 hacks on PC so we could see adult sherry saving the child sherry. hahaha!
but leonA isnt canon :/

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So much prerendered but it seems they either upped or tweaked the cheesiness. Hopefully the scene of him walking towards the station is not an indication that it is going to be a retread of 6's level design.

another series that survived on nintendo consoles only to turn their back on it
Does it owe its survival to Nintendo consoles?

I know 4 was initially an exclusive to the GC, and said GC also got all those nice ports/remakes but I don't think the franchise was particularly in dire straights or anything.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think resident evil could have died had they kept that exclusivity contract. I don't understand why capcom thought it was a good idea to publish re games on family friendly console such as GameCube.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was a brave decision to begin the trailer with the camera such close to small "in-game" objects :unsure: (I wasn't the only one feeling underwhelmed by the graphics and saying to myself it's just the very close camera, right?)

I think resident evil could have died had they kept that exclusivity contract. I don't understand why capcom thought it was a good idea to publish re games on family friendly console such as GameCube.
Actually the NGC was Nintendos "most family unfriendly" console. I think Nintendo wanted that game because they made such a surprisingly dark console.

another series that survived on nintendo consoles only to turn their back on it
Nah, RE went to the NGC to die. After 3 there where just Resident-Evil-in-name-only games :P

Last edited by VitaType,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nah, RE went to the NGC to die. After 3 there where just Resident-Evil-in-name-only games :P
Code Veronica and 0 were both post 3 and followed the classic format well enough, what we are counting the Outbreak series I don't know for this one but I could see it debated.

Edit. Neglected to opine on the "I feel old" thing.
The previous high watermark for me here was the line "old consoles like the N64". "my parents played" kind of washes over me but if I do stop to think about it... yeah.

Reactions: VitaType

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.