Resident Evil 1.5 demo leaked? restoration project?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by wolffangalchemist, Feb 18, 2013.

1. wolffangalchemist
    OP

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    To start this is my first news post so if i get something wrong i do apologize, I don't think i have seen this anywhere so here it goes...

Apparently this is a restoration project of some sort for RE1.5, the image is out in the wild so to speak and very playable with minor glitches of course.

The source for the info was 4chan but overall this is very interesting to see this.

[​IMG]

This is a copy of what is in the text file i found inside the disc image which is playable on both emulators and real hardware with a modchip.

Personally I hope this continues in development only time will tell.

Celice likes this.
  2. Nemesis90

Member Nemesis90 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. narutofan777

Member narutofan777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Afghanistan
    Is this a lost resident evil game? I never heard of it before.

4. wolffangalchemist
    OP

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    It was meant to be Resident Evil 2 and was near completion but Capcom decided at the time to scrap it and made what we all know as Resident Evil 2 now, so most people refer to it as Resident Evil 1.5 it even has some different characters the main females name is Elza Walker (no she was not renamed Clair she is a completely different person) so a lot of differences from the RE2 that we know.
    Until now all we had to prove the existence of it was some images and I think some videos but a version of it got into the hands of someone who had the mind to start a restoration project for it, thus why so may years later a playable version of that beta build has surfaced and will hopefully to lead to a full fledged completely playable .Iso.