Hacking Reset VC titles

Yasaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when i reset a vc title my wii just do a complete restart. i think when you do a reset in a vc game, only the vc game should restart. so whats wrong with my wii that it does a complete restart when i push the reset button?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing. The reset button resets the console except in Gamecube mode, then it resets the MIOS and restarts the game.

Yasaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
im pretty sure that i dont have a correct reset function. i saw other people resetting their vc games without entering wii menu. the thing is i want to do some runs of mario kart 64 on vc. when i reset i come into home menu. other runners only resets the game. look at this vid for example https://www.twitch.tv/videos/47749517 when he resets after the last track of a cup he is still in the game.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, the implementation of the reset button is up to each software

What's happening to you suggests that the app tries to relaunch itself (as opposed to restarting without reloading, or doing absolutely nothing, or...), but for some reason it can't reload

Are you running it in the only proper way (directly from internal memory) or are you using emunand, loaders, or similiar things?

Yasaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i run it from internal memory. i used custom nand loader to patch the wads that i can play us version on my pal wii. but i think the problem happens to all vc titles i installed.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
My N64 VC NAND-loaded (PAL60 patched) WADs have this same issue.
Yes, the implementation of the reset button is up to each software
Yes, that is correct. The N64 VC emulator is programmed to reset itself completely when restarted (as in resetting from the HOME Menu and then going through the Classic Controller screen again), unlike other VC emulators such as NES, SNES, Genesis or TG16, which are programmed to not reset completely, but instead close the HOME Menu and reset only the ROM itself (no Classic Controller screen at all when resetting).

Yasaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so this is only the case for pal wiis? like i said in the twitch highlight i linked he resets only the game. its because he has a ntsc wii or why he can only reset the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there