Hardware Reset dirty hacked 3DS to clean hacked 3DS

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Anyone out there know the easiest way to format a hacked 3ds, but not lose the hacked-ness of it?

I kept getting errors on game loads. One of those Arm 11 errors. I checked all over for solutions, but nothing worked. May people say that it may be luma plugins, but I don't have any. Others say that it could be the SD card, but i've tried two new SD's. The roms are fine because they work in another 3ds that I have. Now I just want to format the thing and start from scratch. I just don't want to lose the hack when I do. Currently installed GM9 and Luma 9.1 (Updated both to the newest version in hopes that it would fix my problem).

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone out there know the easiest way to format a hacked 3ds, but not lose the hacked-ness of it?

I kept getting errors on game loads. One of those Arm 11 errors. I checked all over for solutions, but nothing worked. May people say that it may be luma plugins, but I don't have any. Others say that it could be the SD card, but i've tried two new SD's. The roms are fine because they work in another 3ds that I have. Now I just want to format the thing and start from scratch. I just don't want to lose the hack when I do. Currently installed GM9 and Luma 9.1 (Updated both to the newest version in hopes that it would fix my problem).

Thanks in advance!
Simply do a system format, it won't get rid of CFW.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Copy everything off your SD card to a computer.
  2. Reformat the card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster. Use guiformat if your's bigger than 32 GB.
  3. While it's empty, do a Full Write + Verify Testing using H2testw to ensure your card isn't fake or going bad.
  4. If your card passes, delete the *.h2w test files. Put everything back on your card. Check if your games launch without crashing.
  5. Make sure you're using the latest Luma3DS v9.1, boot9strap v1.3, and GodMode9 v1.7.1 on both your SD card and CTRNAND.
  6. Back up your game saves with either Checkpoint and/or JKSM.
  7. Back up your installed games as CIAs with GodMode9.
  8. If your have NAND backup, do a SysNAND Restore (Safe) in GodMode9. Then update your 3DS to latest firmware.
  9. If you don't have a NAND backup, do CTRTransfer instead and then update your 3DS to latest firmware.
  10. Reinstall your games with FBI. Restore your saves with whichever save manager(s) you used.

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply do a system format, it won't get rid of CFW.
What if you have the nand and sd folder of OFW already stored in PC. Can I erase the physical SD card and reflash the nand and copy that folder to the next sd if I plan to reuse it? Sorry If I'm asking in someone else's thread. I searched if someone was already talking about this.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if you have the nand and sd folder of OFW already stored in PC. Can I erase the physical SD card and reflash the nand and copy that folder to the next sd if I plan to reuse it? Sorry If I'm asking in someone else's thread. I searched if someone was already talking about this.
You can do what you stated.

Just make sure you backup any games, DLCs, updates, saves, and extdata you want to keep or restore if you intend to combine your current and previous setups or reuse later.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)