Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, check if you have these updates installed:

If you don't, google them be check out their respective information page that has a download link. Check out it's information tab and take a look at it's prerequisites.

This CNET artcle may come in handy too.
Both updates are installed :mellow:

Capture.PNG

nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This is for windows 8.1
Sorry about that. I find it weird that even though you have the latest updates and it's prerequisites installed, nothing shows up. Have you tried rebooting it? Now that may be a dumb question but I just rebooted mine a while ago and it installed crap loads of updates.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry about that. I find it weird that even though you have the latest updates and it's prerequisites installed, nothing shows up. Have you tried rebooting it? Now that may be a dumb question but I just rebooted mine a while ago and it installed crap loads of updates.
rebooted today, and still nothing. I have 35 uptionnal updates, but only are language packs.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind sharing us what you did?

I didn't do anything aside from updating the right system updates and avoiding the one that gives the Windows 7 reset bug. I rebooted and eventually it showed up. Once more, I don't see why people are annoyed since it's impossible for them to run out as it's all digital anyways. You just go update to Windows 10 for free via Windows Update, that's all.

Reactions: nxwing

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, Windows 10 is offered free to the pirated users. Only thing is that it's not genuine

It being available for free to pirated users was a misunderstanding. There are a few other articles that have said otherwise since. Regardless, I think it's safer to assume that it'll be a paid upgrade for pirates.

EDIT: Unless that was something very recent of course. The only source I have to go by is an article my coworker sent me, and I forgot to check the date of the article. The only other one I could find quickly was dated back in March.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still struggling with Microsoft's wording... Is this "free" update free forever, if I have a legit windows 7 or 8 key? Or is it like free for a year and they I have to pay for it?

nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I am still struggling with Microsoft's wording... Is this "free" update free forever, if I have a legit windows 7 or 8 key? Or is it like free for a year and they I have to pay for it?
It's free for a yeat and after that you have to pay for it.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's free forever as long as you claim it within the first year. Like with Windows 8, the activation key will be stored in the BIOS, and it's not like the key will be on a timer. I mean, really, why would Microsoft do it that way? That would be a great way to lose your userbase, not build it.

It's free for a yeat and after that you have to pay for it.
Although you're technically not wrong, you're also far from right. If you don't claim it within the first year, you then have to pay for it. If you get it within that first year though, it's yours forever.

Seriously?? That's asinine, I thought it was free forever.
It is.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's free forever as long as you claim it within the first year. Like with Windows 8, the activation key will be stored in the BIOS, and it's not like the key will be on a timer. I mean, really, why would Microsoft do it that way? That would be a great way to lose your userbase, not build it.

Although you're technically not wrong, you're also far from right. If you don't claim it within the first year, you then have to pay for it. If you get it within that first year though, it's yours forever.

It is.

Okay, that's where I was getting confused, go fig. Bleh.

Nanaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope it will not be a problem for me to upgrade because I have a MSDNAA licence. I mean, the last time I was a student was probably 7 or 8 years ago. My Windows is technically not genuine anymore, is it? Or they don't care about that?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it will not be a problem for me to upgrade because I have a MSDNAA licence. I mean, the last time I was a student was probably 7 or 8 years ago. My Windows is technically not genuine anymore, is it? Or they don't care about that?

I doubt it'll be an issue, to be honest.

i don't see no popup or upgrade icons and i have KB3035583 installed on win7 64x

Doesn't matter as they're not gonna run outta digital copies.

Reactions: Nanaze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte