Hacking Resell N3ds After A9hl? / Possibility of Pokemon Sun & Moon edition New 3ds X?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,423
  • Replies 67
D

Deleted User

OP
Just save up :) Every week put 20$ away.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lol Np, The dollar is so bad :(
So, regular new 3ds sells for 240 new. Used sells from 200-220. Modded sells For UP TO 40 dollars more
And my O3ds sells for up to 200 new. Used is around 180. Modded at 210?
-Sell my Red New 3ds for 230 With A9hl, Luma3ds and 60 cias Installed.
-Sell my Blue O3ds for 210 with... IDK I have not modded it yet. Probaly a9hl. Tons of cias.

My only concern is my NNID. Any Hb tool for removing the acc but keeping everything else?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, regular new 3ds sells for 240 new. Used sells from 200-220. Modded sells For UP TO 40 dollars more
-Sell my Blue O3ds for 210 with... IDK I have not modded it yet. Probaly a9hl. Tons of cias.

My only concern is my NNID. Any Hb tool for removing the acc but keeping everything else?

You could just format the system to remove nnid right?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sounds like when people buy Sky3DS and Gateway cards on ebay for over $100. You seemed to have sold it to someone who doesn't really understand its value.
If you're selling to someone who doesn't want to do it themselves, then they're willing to pay as much as those pirated games are worth to them. The actual number of $ per hour etc doesn't factor into it. For example if you have some obscure 1949 model of car that you want to restore and there's only one mechanic in town who knows about this model, and he quotes you $2000 - is this worth it? The answer comes down to whether it is worth $2000 for you to now own a restored car. If you're not a car type of person, the option to research your model and find out what's wrong and find out where to source the parts and find out how to fix it (if you even can) probably doesn't even cross your mind, as you have no idea if it would take weeks, months or years - and you have other stuff to do. The same thing with the a9lh old 3ds. Was it worth $200 to him to be able to play any game he likes from boot? Apparently yes. He's not a modding kind of guy so he has no interest in looking up how to do it himself. If my console hadn't been for sale he would never have looked into it at all.

D

Deleted User

OP
Lol I have to do it. I Get paid every weekend put half in savings for house car etc. And everytime I get 100$'s extra I put it away and use what evers left for things i can afford NOW.
I did that for a 3 months and I have over 2000$ extra now. (This is not a get rich quick scam lol)

You could just format the system to remove nnid right?
60 Cias installed. (Adds Value)

azublazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're selling to someone who doesn't want to do it themselves, then they're willing to pay as much as those pirated games are worth to them. The actual number of $ per hour etc doesn't factor into it. For example if you have some obscure 1949 model of car that you want to restore and there's only one mechanic in town who knows about this model, and he quotes you $2000 - is this worth it? The answer comes down to whether it is worth $2000 for you to now own a restored car. If you're not a car type of person, the option to research your model and find out what's wrong and find out where to source the parts and find out how to fix it (if you even can) probably doesn't even cross your mind, as you have no idea if it would take weeks, months or years - and you have other stuff to do. The same thing with the a9lh old 3ds. Was it worth $200 to him to be able to play any game he likes from boot? Apparently yes. He's not a modding kind of guy so he has no interest in looking up how to do it himself. If my console hadn't been for sale he would never have looked into it at all.

Never said it's not a possibility to sell items to someone who doesn't want to put in the leg work for more than their actually worth. What you said actually proved my point. I was mostly saying it for OP's benefit. You have an isolated incident where apparently you knew the person didn't want to put the work in themselves and you cashed in on it. Well, OP wanted a general answer for how much his consoles are worth. I've been active in video game selling forums and subreddits for years now and I've seen many sales for modded consoles. Never has a modded console been sold for 210% it's original value like you have claimed. Like I said, your situation is one of out many that could occur. I gave OP a more accurate and realistic expectation for the price he's going to get. Not say "I sold my item for OVER 2X IT'S WORTH!" as an answer.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Never said it's not a possibility to sell items to someone who doesn't want to put in the leg work for more than their actually worth. What you said actually proved my point. I was mostly saying it for OP's benefit. You have an isolated incident where apparently you knew the person didn't want to put the work in themselves and you cashed in on it. Well, OP wanted a general answer for how much his consoles are worth. I've been active in video game selling forums and subreddits for years now and I've seen many sales for modded consoles. Never has a modded console been sold for 210% it's original value like you have claimed. Like I said, your situation is one of out many that could occur. I gave OP a more accurate and realistic expectation for the price he's going to get. Not say "I sold my item for OVER 2X IT'S WORTH!" as an answer.
What something's worth and what people will pay can sometimes two different things. If you put it up for sale in a place where there's no other competitors, there's a very good chance of getting a good price. And anyway, I think an a9lh 3ds is worth more than what you said. If being done by an experienced person, they could maybe do it in two hours. At $40/hour for skillful work that should be $80 extra. And a non-experienced person might take say four hours, and $20/hour for unskilled work is reasonable too. Here, a second hand o3ds is worth about $80, and a second hand new 3ds xl around $160. So $160/$240 should be reasonable asking prices. I got a bit lucky getting as high as $200 but you have to be in it to win it as they say. Put it up for sale and just see what happens. (I don't think $20 extra is even feasibly reasonable, why would you work two skilled hours to earn only $20, especially as a one-off thing where you can't do a bulk lot of work and continue earning? And imagine working four hours for $20 if you weren't as experienced??)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I have to do it. I Get paid every weekend put half in savings for house car etc. And everytime I get 100$'s extra I put it away and use what evers left for things i can afford NOW.
I did that for a 3 months and I have over 2000$ extra now. (This is not a get rich quick scam lol)

60 Cias installed. (Adds Value)
Are you selling the SD memory card along with it? Cause if not, it wont matter unless you send those files through the internet to someone who can download and use it, otherwise, create cia files of the installed data, so when is formatted it can be put back on the system after format.

azublazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What something's worth and what people will pay can sometimes two different things. If you put it up for sale in a place where there's no other competitors, there's a very good chance of getting a good price. And anyway, I think an a9lh 3ds is worth more than what you said. If being done by an experienced person, they could maybe do it in two hours. At $40/hour for skillful work that should be $80 extra. And a non-experienced person might take say four hours, and $20/hour for unskilled work is reasonable too. Here, a second hand o3ds is worth about $80, and a second hand new 3ds xl around $160. So $160/$240 should be reasonable asking prices. I got a bit lucky getting as high as $200 but you have to be in it to win it as they say. Put it up for sale and just see what happens. (I don't think $20 extra is even feasibly reasonable, why would you work two skilled hours to earn only $20, especially as a one-off thing where you can't do a bulk lot of work and continue earning? And imagine working four hours for $20 if you weren't as experienced??)

Hey, I didn't read your post since it was so long. But I see you're trying to relate selling an item to manual labor or something, I think? I don't feel like trying to explain myself so I'll just let you win.. or whatever. Is that what you're trying to do? Win? Lol. Anyway, have a good night man.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

You can remove the NNID if you know which file to delete from NAND, but the NNID will be unusable with any other 3DS, any games tied to it will still be there but who knows if they will continue working when the person logs in with another NNID or accesses eShop.
Out of curiosity why are you selling your 3DS?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, I didn't read your post since it was so long. But I see you're trying to relate selling an item to manual labor or something, I think? I don't feel like trying to explain myself so I'll just let you win.. or whatever. Is that what you're trying to do? Win? Lol. Anyway, have a good night man.
Ok then ... just that if you're going to spend time on something to sell, it's not worthwhile if you don't get compensated for it. Eg if I painted a landscape and it took me a week and it wasn't that good and people were only willing to pay $50 for it ... I might reconsider ever painting again unless it was for friends or family. But if I was very good and people would pay $900 for it then I'd probably keep doing it. Maybe an a9lh 3ds is similar - if it's only worth $20 extra you would never bother doing it (at least for the intention of reselling, if you upgraded your console and were moving along your old one that's different), but if it's worth say $50 or more then it's worthwhile doing it. You won't know why it's worth until you put it up for sale at a highish price, and relist it for less and less until you start getting some interest. I just think you shouldn't assume it's worthless and list it for a low price right away because you'd be ashamed to ask more, people can surprise you.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sold an a9lh old 3ds for $200 when the normal price is about $80-$90.
really? I've been trying to sell my old 3ds xl for 120 (its on 4.40 and hardmodded). I cant even get it to sell for that price. You're telling me that if I install arm9 on it, I'll sell it for 200? p.s: where did you sell it? ebay?

azublazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really? I've been trying to sell my old 3ds xl for 120 (its on 4.40 and hardmodded). I cant even get it to sell for that price. You're telling me that if I install arm9 on it, I'll sell it for 200? p.s: where did you sell it? ebay?

Don't listen to this guy. His information is not correct. I've seen a9lh consoles go unsold on reddit and they were nowhere near $200. He's either over exaggerating or he got lucky and tricked some poor sap into overpaying for the console. You're not going to get that much just for putting a different exploit on it. See this thread to see someone who mods console for profit, only reselling for $30 more than he paid: https://gbatemp.net/threads/probabl...de-while-installing-a9lh.428717/#post-6397465

Reactions: placebooooo

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your hard mod include screen capture support?

I wonder if its possible to make tv output support either av/composite/componet/hdmi.... but i guess would need to make special wires to do that.... never mind, dont listen to me.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
On Gumtree (an online classifieds site). Not saying you'd definitely get that much, depends what buyers are looking at the time. I think the ideal buyer is one of the following: either a) a parent lookin for a present for their kid and likes the idea of the kid being able to get whichever game they want when they want it, instead of being pestered regularly for a new game and thinking of it as buying a system and all the games in one go. Or, b) someone who has looked into modding their 3DS but never done anything similar before and finds it super overwhelming and is willing to pay extra to not worry about this headache (this was me a number of years ago when I paid $160 for a modded wii). With the hardmod, I think you'd only get what it's properly worth from places like here where people truly appreciate what it can do. The average joe on the street doesn't understand about trying interesting but unproven things or protecting against corrupted data or anything like that. And they wouldn't understand about the technical know how, skills, experience or equipment needed either.

Reactions: placebooooo

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Good thing about modded N3DS; No need to worry about limited editions; just buy cover plates I like, if I like any. Muh majora plates tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8