Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Thesolcity said:
Depravo said:
I thought oral sex just meant talking about it.
wtf.gif

Oh god my sides...
rofl.gif
I used to think that too, lol...
I used to think that oral sex meant a couple reading books to each other and getting off on it.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
One thing that got me thinking is, the article stated those practicing "unprotected oral sex" are eight times more likely to get HPV-related throat cancer. How are you supposed to have "protected oral sex" then? Have the girl give you BJ while you have a condom on; have her suck the rubber?
unsure.gif

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Westside said:
Thesolcity said:
Depravo said:
wtf.gif

Oh god my sides...
rofl.gif
I used to think that oral sex meant a couple reading books to each other and getting off on it.
The first time i heard about 'oral sex' was when one of my friends told us (me and a few others) about it. The rest of us was like, 'you're joking! oral sex is when they talk about sex'.

So yeah, i guess at first most of us who've heard of oral sex for the first time without getting a definition of it would think it have something to do with 'talking'.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SinHarvest24 said:
Westside said:
Thesolcity said:
Depravo said:
wtf.gif

Oh god my sides...
rofl.gif
The first time i heard about 'oral sex' was when one of my friends told us (me and a few others) about it. The rest of us was like, 'you're joking! oral sex is when they talk about sex'.

So yeah, i guess at first most of us who've heard of oral sex for the first time without getting a definition of it would think it have something to do with 'talking'.

I learned because I always read pill bottles as a kid that said "to be administered orally", I kinda pieced it together years later when I heard of it.
mellow.gif

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The study could just be BS its amazing how many studies that have come about HPV and all that it causes since the vaccine came out. I'm not saying it isn't a worthwhile vaccine its just seems like they pin more and more things it can prevent since it was released then we ever knew before. Considering the 1 billion+ people who engage in the activities that could spread hpv at least once a month you would think this research would of been done pre-vaccine.

forerofore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
old news (at least to me)
all oral sex does is transmit HPV to the mouth/throat, where it causes DNA mutations, etc. and increases risk for cancer a lot (well, not all HPV types, only some.. cant remember... 16, 18?? not sure and lazy to read it again)
if you and your partner are clean of HPV then you are safe to do whatever you want
(HPV does affect both sexes)
this comes from lots of scientific and epidemiologic research... you could even look it up on some books and articles
also.. vaccines arent a perfect protection, theres different serotypes of the same virus wich means different vaccines and theres also AIDS (also non HIV-related inmunodeficiency)
(see this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misconception...t_HIV_and_AIDS), wich pretty much means your body wont be able to fight an infection even when vaccinated

Telal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This post should be titled "Research reveals HPV may be leading cause of mouth cancer". You can get HPV on your fingers and give a girl cervical cancer that way, who's to say she wouldn't get mouth cancer from sucking on those? As far as claiming that it affects guys as well, if it affected guys, it probably wouldn't be so easy to spread. I was under the impression that men just carry it and pass it on?
Either way, stop sticking your dick into anything it'll fit into and you shouldn't have a problem. Or for the ladies, just because it's a hole... doesn't mean you need to fill it with whatever's on hand.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Telal said:
This post should be titled "Research reveals HPV may be leading cause of mouth cancer". You can get HPV on your fingers and give a girl cervical cancer that way, who's to say she wouldn't get mouth cancer from sucking on those? As far as claiming that it affects guys as well, if it affected guys, it probably wouldn't be so easy to spread. I was under the impression that men just carry it and pass it on?
Either way, stop sticking your dick into anything it'll fit into and you shouldn't have a problem. Or for the ladies, just because it's a hole... doesn't mean you need to fill it with whatever's on hand.

Epic post, is epic.

On-topic: So that can explain why the almighty wanted us to wait till we get married, so that way if we get oral cancer than our friends and family will know about it. Hmmm, so what happens if I suck on a tit? Will that give me oral cancer since that's a sexual thing?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is old news, like a few years old.

Its just wasn't told to everyone because we love getting our dicks sucked.

D

Deleted-188346

impizkit said:
Puppy_Washer said:
I suggest that the research group behind this supposed "study" learns the basics of the Scientific Method.

Because clearly, they are doing this all wrong. Deal with it.
What?
They are doing this wrong.
It's incredibly short sighted to just look at a disease, check the ratio of diagnosis based on gender, then wonder if the vaccine for that gender (Gardasil, supposedly) is the reason for the disproportion. The researchers seem to fail to realize that homosexual men commonly use Gardasil as protection against genital warts and anal cancer, and so do regular men too. Why not research them? Cervarix, not Gardasil, is the gender specific HPV vaccination.

It's quite strange that in the same article, it mentions that oral sex is now the main cause of cancer of the mouth and throat, and also that a oncologist states "research is not yet clear that oral sex is the main or only transmission factor in this cancer". The comment that Dr. Maura Gillison made about oral sex statistics actually reveals the rigid, vague, detail-lacking nature of this research. Why is only 6 or more sexual partners? What about 2? Or 1? What about the frequency of oral sex? What about the sexual preferences? It's obvious that all they've done is had some people with oropharyngeal cancer fill out a survey. Surveys are not scientific evidence. It doesn't matter how many people they've surveyed, it is not scientific evidence.

Sure, they should investigate the matter, but it is only true once they've actually confirmed it.

Even more strange, is that Merck & Co., Inc., who are one of the most successful and largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, and who sell Gardacil, aren't even interested in researching the potential efficacy of Gardacil against oropharyngeal cancers. What? With all the potential profits, and saved lives? Why, they would only have that attitude if it wasn't useful for that purpose to begin with.

Something is quite wrong with this supposed revelation. Seems like an attempt at grabbing headlines, more than actual legitimate medical research.

D

Deleted-188346

Panzer Tacticer said:
News flash, you have been slowly dying since you were born.

Being born is 100% fatal, everyone that has ever been born has died from it.
I'm not quite sure who you are replying to, but what you are saying is insanely obvious.
What are you trying to say, anyway?
That there is no point in researching potentially curable diseases, because we all die at some point? Or what?

QUOTE(Alan John @ Oct 7 2011, 07:21 PM) I kinda feel good that I'm a virgin now.
Out of 3,977 healthy subjects, the rate of HPV16 oral infection was 1.3%, and the rate of HPV overall was 3.5%.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:
my GF told me about this

i was like OH NO!

then read
"persons who have had six or more partners on whom they've practiced unprotected oral sex"

its all good
happy.gif

that's why i keep it at five and under... the rest i do anal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.