Requirements to get newer games working?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KennyLeam, Aug 31, 2009.

Aug 31, 2009
  1. KennyLeam

Newcomer KennyLeam Member

Nov 15, 2008
    United States
    I haven't touched my wii in months as far as soft modding goes- I have CIOS rev 10 and am on System Menu 3.2, with bootmii beta 2 installed as boot2. I've never messed with any IOS's and mario kart wii was the last game I know of that I ran an update from.

That being said, I'm having trouble playing Wii Sports Resort and Guitar Hero 5. Guitar Hero 5 simply goes to a black screen but the wii mote apepars to be on. Wii Sports Resort will restart the wii back to the bootmii screen (no error flashes on the screen).

I used WBFSManager to transfer the iso to the hard drive, which I believe by default removes the update partitions. I updated my USB loader to cfg rev 41 and CIOS to rev 14, but no luck there.

I made a NAND backup then tried to do a system menu update from Nintendo which seemed to work, but then I couldn't access HBC, so I restored using BootMii.

I attempted to find some relevant info for updating, but all I can seem to find is that wanikoko's updater only goes from 4.0 to there anything special needed to get to 4.0?

Also the links are increasingly hard to find as many of the stickies are outdated.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. (prays he doesn't get flamed [​IMG] )
  2. L_o_N_e_R

Member L_o_N_e_R GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2007
    United States