Required IOS versions for retail RBB

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drmarvin, Sep 14, 2009.

Sep 14, 2009
  1. drmarvin
    OP

Member drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Can anyone tell me what IOS versions are required to play a retail disc or Rock Band Beatles? I know I have to update IOS56 for GH5, but I want to be all up to date (since preloader is blocking updates). I would love to just drop it in and it works.

Thanks for the help.

2. lll

Member lll GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If you're concerned, run dop-ios and install every IOS that you don't already have a version of installed.

3. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    I only ask because I know I had to install an updated IOS56 for GH5 that wasn't on the download servers and could only install it from a wad from another download site (or I could have ripped it off the disc). I just wanted to know if there was anything on the disc that needed to be used to update that I can do before I get the game.

thanks

4. jakejm79

Member jakejm79 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I believe it also require IOS56, so if GH5 is working so should B:RB. Yes you are correct you need to use the IOS 56 off the disc, you can't used DOP, despite them both having the same version # they are apparently different.

5. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    I don't believe they even have the same version on the download servers. I think you need v51xx or something and the available one id v4xxx.

Either way, thanks for the help.

6. jakejm79

Member jakejm79 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You could be right, I just thought they had the same number when I checked, but I didn't make 100% sure, maybe it was similar numbers in a different order :-)