Hacking Required firmware for games

LunarShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I looked around google without a definitive answer. I know there are some games that required the 3ds firmware to be a specific one. I recently just bought fire emblem echoes which requires 11.3. I am currently on 11.2. I only use homebrew for hans and nothing else. I do not plan to get cfw even though a lot of people recommends that I should. I am just wondering if i choose to update from the requirement menu, will it only update to 11.3 or will it update all the way to 11.4.

Sorry in advance if this is not the right section of the forums to be asking.

D

Deleted User

Most of the carts include a system update on the cart itself. So if you go where theres no wifi or just dont turn it on then it will update from there. The problem is that ut has things like dummy browser which will disable yours iirc. So it will install 11.3 but disable your browser. Not 11.4. If you are using only hb then maybe update to 11.4? I think there are entrypoints for hb that work on 11.4 plus it can play online... but please check b4 listening to me

LunarShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that my 3ds is an old one, there is no current entrypoint for it. And I not sure if it's just because i'm stupid but i'm getting confused what @natanelho is saying. I mean i have always had wifi on and it never auto updated for me, I just declined the offered update. This is the mixed response I got when researching. Some say it's okay to update with the box from the game, some say you have to do it without wifi. Does that mean I can't use wifi anymore if I choose to update offline?

D

Deleted User

The problem is that my 3ds is an old one, there is no current entrypoint for it. And I not sure if it's just because i'm stupid but i'm getting confused what @natanelho is saying. I mean i have always had wifi on and it never auto updated for me, I just declined the offered update. This is the mixed response I got when researching. Some say it's okay to update with the box from the game, some say you have to do it without wifi. Does that mean I can't use wifi anymore if I choose to update offline?
Sorry for confision. I meant that its okay to update with the cart but it will ruin your browser (not a problem for most of us...) and that if it will ask you to update when trying to launch the game then just turn the wifi off for a few minutes if you are as paranoid as me (im super afraid to update by accident through the internet and end up on latest ver.). That way you will end up on 11.3 without any chance of updating to 11.4... but after updating to 11.3 dont worry about the wifi- turn it on and continue canceling 'forced' updates by nintendo as always

Reactions: Quantumcat

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I reccomend installing CFW

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I looked around google without a definitive answer. I know there are some games that required the 3ds firmware to be a specific one. I recently just bought fire emblem echoes which requires 11.3. I am currently on 11.2. I only use homebrew for hans and nothing else. I do not plan to get cfw even though a lot of people recommends that I should. I am just wondering if i choose to update from the requirement menu, will it only update to 11.3 or will it update all the way to 11.4.

Sorry in advance if this is not the right section of the forums to be asking.
Why don't you want to install CFW? It's safe and easy.

zaqqaz00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFW on 11.2 fw would take literally less than 15 minutes and then your console would be "immunized" against all threats and then you could easily update to 11.4

D

Deleted User

Cfw is recommended even if you will only use hb. Its easy to install and you can be on latest (11.4) and have hb entrypoint (rosalina or whatever its called) which is pretty much impossible to fix by nintendo. Even if you are against piracy- just dont use it...

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating