ROM Hack Requesting translation: Fire Emblem DS

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i know it just came out, but its a great game that could use a great translation! And it has wifi
biggrin.gif

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i nvr played a F.E game but over all it plays well, so I do agree a English translation should be done
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
(A MENU)

Status
Help
Options
Quick Save [glowing green option]

End Phase
QUOTE said:
When you move a character:

Item
Trade (when you move next to a comrade)

Wait
When you move next to an enemy:

Attack
Items

Wait

eh.. I thought maybe these might be useful, but i guess not.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Like Radiant Dawn delay release between JP and Americas?

Feb 08 Nov 08.

It still got localized right? >_>

I'm pretty sure most people would prefer translating games that have a high chance of not being localized over games like FF, pokemon, megaman, etc... which will get localized. Plus, isn't there a lot of text inside this game to be translated to English? By the time this gets fully translated and checked for any problems/errors, the game might already have been localized or close to the date of being localized.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Chapter 1:

????? Jeigan: Prince Marth, Sheeda has come from Talis castle.

??? Marth: What? Sheeda, what's happened to the the castle?

??? Sheeda: Marth, am I glad to see you. The Garda pirates suddenly attacked us.
They took over the castle, and killed lots of people! Please, you've got to rescue my father!

??? Marth: Don't worry, Sheeda. The bravest Artitian knights are here in this fort.
We won't lose to those pirates. Come, let's go to Talis castle together.

BATTLE PHASE

After Seize…

King: Oh Prince Marth. I am glad to see you're safe. We are all very grateful for your actions. Is that so...? You're finally heading out to Orleans? In that case, I will lend some soldiers to aid you. These men, led by Captain Oguma, are all brave warriors. I'm certain they will help you in battle. Also, there is something important that you should take note of. From now on, during your highness's travels, you will surely find many people who despises the Durhua Empire. Some of them hinding in villages while others have been captured by enemies. There may even be some that have been forced to work for Durhua. Finding these people and fighting together with them is crucial. DO you understand, Prince Marth...? Well, the time has come! You must be determined during your journey. Good luck!

SAVE GAME DATA? YES OR NO

Chapter one END…

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
superdude said:
can't we all just wait for the english version?
It hasn't even been confirmed yet, which probably means we'll have to wait a long time. I'm all for a translation patch. Story, mainly, the menus are easy enough to remember.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just wait people... it will come out eventually and will be more satisfying that playing a fan translated game

ssj4gohan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As DeMoN pointed out, no plans have been made to released a localized version of the game. However, given the success the GBA versions have had and Marth's inclusion in Super Smash Bros series then there's a good chance.

Still, given that it's an enhanced remake / port, a good deal of content should transfer across making the translation process somewhat easier.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
sa1amandra said:
a Quick translation of menu's would save many players the confusion
My thougths exactly.
A quick translation of the main battle menu and characters' statuses would already make the game highly playable. Seen as Nintendo took NINE MONTHS to bring FE9 and 10 here, I guess this one will take quite a while as well.

If I'm not mistaken, the game has SIX difficulty levels. One could try taking and easier challenge this time around and get serious on the american version =P

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are six. One normal, which is basically the easy mode, and five progressive difficulty modes are also available.

QUOTE said:
That dialogue looks familiar. Is this a remake of a NES version? There's already a translation in process for that one.
The script, save for the new stuff, is lifted directly from the Famicom original. They were really wanting to keep the game as nostalgic as possible I guess >.>

Fire Emblem is an incredibly simple game to learn, even if it was in gibberish or Simmish. If you've played one game, you can play all eleven of them. Nothing's really changed over the past almost 30 years anyways :/ Just make sure you have five minutes of extreme trial-and-error if you really don't understand a single thing. After that time, you should be much better off.

Coppanuva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if you could touch Marth or something this'd get picked up faster. But seriously, there's not too much text. and the game looks and plays fantastic, I wish some people would help (outside of testing, I can't really do much :\)

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah >_>, all i could help with was posting that website that had maybe like 90% of the games stuff(aside from scripts and some descriptions etc), i just hope someone atleast does a small menu patch (the main menu's/wifi menu/battle menu's >_>), somehow i managed to delete my save 2x now (thank god i backed it up after the first time or id be out of 2 hours)

Pioggia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dgwillia said:
This saddens me >_>, a Fantastic game like this takes forever to get a translation, yet a game about perversion and ETC. gets one in less than a day >_>.

oh i completely agree

tis a shame that the guys who can actually hack/translate games prefer the more ... perverted games rather than games which are genuinely good and deserve a trans

ofcourse there are a lot of competent hackers who are just busy with other game translations (aside from doki doki shin--
blink.gif
- whatever it's called), and as this is an Fire Emblem title it will probs get a localized version - but yeah probably not for a while

oh well - menus are easy enough to memorize so it is playable - but these kind of games are really about the script - so not much point ...
till then we have:
Soma Bringer
Mugen no Frontier
Bleach3rd phantom etc ... to keep us occupied ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.