• Poll closed .

XpertNoobhacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was recently looking at a software to instal pkgs onto the vita and came across this stuff saying about silica and pina and not to use his stuf.

Anyway the installer is from him. Is this to be trusted or no?
I found other pkg installers anyway. But I wasn't around for this original drama and want to know what people think now as what I read seems pretty sketchy and I've not known the ps scene to be this way...ever

So bottom line is he to be trusted?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
his stuff is hit and miss. I think people hate him for being untrustworthy rather than the quality of his homebrew. the one I have is from @SKGleba , but he's not much better. his stuff is also hit and miss.

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If you do have the knowledge to fix things if it crash, just trust it. If not, please consider that many tools are only recommended for plugin dev because they are dangerous procedure. Which is why Silica/SKGleba tools are not recommended for normal people to play with.

Reactions: susi91

XpertNoobhacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see but skglebra seems pretty honest to me. If somthing is sketchy it says on git hub or readme's. But even though hearing silicas name I never used anything by him but all I found was people trashing him. You get that with skg but alot less and he just comes across as a honest guy to me..
He bricks his own vitas to make things
Didn't cilica do a malicious app before? I think I will indeed be using the skglebra one but this strikes me as a first for this community (even if it was a long time ago I think)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XpertNoobhacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks master801 and indeed everyone he's a hard guy to find info on but then again idk how the hell you got a deleted thread up lol

Anyway so he Co engineered henkaku?
But then went a little rouge?
I just wondered as I'd heard his name but never used a app (or so I thought) but when I looked into the release. I was curious why everyone on every page was trashing him
especially as alot of the evidence seems deleted

Still a shock though I've never heard of this on the ps scene switch scene maybe but as my newbie badge tells you I haven't been around too long haha.

And all said I kinda feel bad for him seems to have got a bad rap I thought people were harsh on skglebra

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Thanks master801 and indeed everyone he's a hard guy to find info on but then again idk how the hell you got a deleted thread up lol

Anyway so he Co engineered henkaku?
But then went a little rouge?
I just wondered as I'd heard his name but never used a app (or so I thought) but when I looked into the release. I was curious why everyone on every page was trashing him
especially as alot of the evidence seems deleted

Still a shock though I've never heard of this on the ps scene switch scene maybe but as my newbie badge tells you I haven't been around too long haha.

And all said I kinda feel bad for him seems to have got a bad rap I thought people were harsh on skglebra
...no, he had nothing to do with Henkaku whatsoever. That was Team Molecule, which is made up of Yifan Lu, Davee, xyz, and Proxima. He simply made some homebrew for the Vita, and then decided it'd be "haha funny" to fuck up people's Vita's.

XpertNoobhacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now this is more of what I was reading thought so. Should have gone back to github and read. my stupid misinterpretation

Well I'm skeptical thanks though guys cleared it up always bothered me why I'd not heard much of who he was :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqoIMLQTzE