Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's very nice to get a video demonstration of homebrew (or any program for that matter) before you download it but there are only very few links to videos on FileTrip.

Not sure if this will get any response (although for everyone's best, hopefully), but if you make or come by any videos of homebrew then please post them here so that they can be added to homebrew descriptions by moderators (I happen to be one, and will add any videos posted here unless someone else does before me).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Does this count for any homebrew - even videos that although does not relate directly to the program in question, it is included in the video ??

for example - the video below is for showing LemmingDS running as a plugin on a DSTwo

Would this be suitable for LemmingDS download on filetrip ??

Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Would this be suitable for LemmingDS download on filetrip ??
As long as it properly demonstrates gameplay it serves its purpose.

While quality is optimal, the main point of watching a video would be to just get a good idea of what the homebrew is or, in the case of ports, how adequate the homebrew is to its original. Quality isn't necessarily needed for this.

Added your video with a time tag that skips to Lemmings DS itself.

Thanks for posting it.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
ah, videos sound like a good idea
smile.gif

I should think about implementing that next...

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I'd probably try out more homebrew besides emulators if I could know what the gameplay was like before I went through all the trouble of downloading and installing them on my micro sd. This sounds like a good idea.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
I should think about implementing that next...
Nice, a feature could definitely be a much better solution than simply having links in the bottom of the descriptions.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mazor said:
CannonFoddr said:
Would this be suitable for LemmingDS download on filetrip ??As long as it properly demonstrates gameplay it serves its purpose....Added your video with a time tag that skips to Lemmings DS itself.Great - I now know what my next Youtube videos are going to be about now - haven't done any for quite a while
laugh.gif

@ Stevetry: as said by OP
It's very nice to get a video demonstration of homebrew (or any program for that matter)
I would guess that would mean anything that can be downloaded from Filetrip that is an app (e.g 'ModMii' program or 'SD Card Formatter') or game counts

As long as the video shows the program/game 'in action' so people can see what it does (whether on a PC or on a game system like the DS) IMHO it doesn't matter what it is

Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stevetry said:
were should i post the video here in this tread ?

QUOTE(Mazor @ Jan 3 2011, 04:56 PM) if you make or come by any videos of homebrew then please post them here so that they can be added to homebrew descriptions by moderators

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well I thought I'll see how many Homebrew i have that will work in an Emulator (I used DeSmuMe for this one since it has a video capture feature)
Seems like there's not many (especially those that 'need' extra data or INI files) that like the emulator but these did

Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Added those as well.

In my opinion you are really helping the community, homebrew demonstration videos have always seemed pretty rare.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice, added all of these too.

Managed to catch the version of Moonshell being displayed on your upper screen as 2.10 stable 6 seconds into your video so I assume that is the correct version, Stevetry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...