Homebrew [Request] Video Recorder for recording 3DS gameplay?

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We got Screenshot, so that's a good start on taking pictures during a gameplay. But is it possible to make an app that'll record the gameplay and upload it to YouTube or sonething?

This will help for those who couldn't afford a capture card.

I would like to know if it's possible to develop one. I really don't care how long it'll take

D

Deleted User

We got Screenshot, so that's a good start on taking pictures during a gameplay. But is it possible to make an app that'll record the gameplay and upload it to YouTube or sonething?

This will help for those who couldn't afford a capture card.

I would like to know if it's possible to develop one. I really don't care how long it'll take
May be possible on the N3ds with overclock however if it is the quality will probably be really poor

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
May be possible on the N3ds with overclock however if it is the quality will probably be really poor
Even on N3DS, I don't think it will be possible. Encoding takes a lot of processing power, and seeing that a lot of games can't even run at full speed when 3D is activated, even with the overclock, it probably is impossible. Or maybe it can be done, but not it will probably not be in a usable state.

Reactions: Deleted User

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even on N3DS, I don't think it will be possible. Encoding takes a lot of processing power, and seeing that a lot of games can't even run at full speed when 3D is activated, even with the overclock, it probably is impossible. Or maybe it can be done, but not it will probably not be in a usable state.

What about the record feature from the Photo Channel? That could probably be useful through HBC maybe?

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even the screenshot feature pauses the game momentarily for processing. Now imagine doing that 30 times per second and encoding it to a video format.

No, just get additionally hardware if you want to record games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise