ROM Hack [REQUEST] Tomodachi Life HEX Template

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, it's me again. I came here to request a Template for Tomodachi Life so that I can have all treasures, clothes, hats, accessories, secret foods, rooms, ect.
Has anyone begun work on this?

What I have been doing so far is using savedatafiler which I have installed after I load Tomodachi Life and select "export userdata to SD". And then editing the save file I get there which has an offset of somewhere around 0x001E4D80 to unlock items.

One thing I've noticed is that clothes are near one another but they aren't exactly linked alphabetically (I could be wrong) and some FD points actually aren't locked items which can cause your save data to be corrupted if modified.

Any information you have on this would greatly help.
Please help me make my Miis! I am currently working on Disney's Ariel and Aladdin but I can't find the Mermaid Dress or Arabian Suit.

Reactions: Margen67

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, it's me again. I came here to request a Template for Tomodachi Life so that I can have all treasures, clothes, hats, accessories, secret foods, rooms, ect.
Has anyone begun work on this?

What I have been doing so far is using savedatafiler which I have installed after I load Tomodachi Life and select "export userdata to SD". And then editing the save file I get there which has an offset of somewhere around 0x001E4D80 to unlock items.

One thing I've noticed is that clothes are near one another but they aren't exactly linked alphabetically (I could be wrong) and some FD points actually aren't locked items which can cause your save data to be corrupted if modified.

Any information you have on this would greatly help.
Please help me make my Miis! I am currently working on Disney's Ariel and Aladdin but I can't find the Mermaid Dress or Arabian Suit.

I did some work on the save, but you also have to remember that most clothings have multiple colors, so a shirt with 7 colors requires an 8-bit block for each color choice. When I have some free time, I might dabble around a bit more. Another thing you need to take into consideration is that all clothing/items/foods/treasures that have never been obtained yet will have a value of 0xFD. The maximum amount of each item you can have is 99; if you give yourself 100 or more and inject the save back into the rom, the "your save is corrupt" screen will appear. Some goes for money.

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I did some work on the save, but you also have to remember that most clothings have multiple colors, so a shirt with 7 colors requires an 8-bit block for each color choice. When I have some free time, I might dabble around a bit more.

I'm going to make this my project for now, and figure out how much their is for each item. There doesn't seem to be a decryption software that gives you more of a hint where everything is located so I'll just have to try by trial an error. As long as I unlock everything in a save file I'm happy. No need to figure out exactly where everything is located unless it can be done without much hassle.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consider me interested in this as well.

I'm mostly interested in getting a ton of money so I can buy all those stupid "royal dresses" and whatnot. I think PowerSaves will do that for me, but until I'm able to move my data from the eShop version to a retail cartridge (or Sky3DS since it's a CARD2), it's a moot point.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to make this my project for now, and figure out how much their is for each item. There doesn't seem to be a decryption software that gives you more of a hint where everything is located so I'll just have to try by trial an error. As long as I unlock everything in a save file I'm happy. No need to figure out exactly where everything is located unless it can be done without much hassle.

That is exactly how I had to figure it out. I had about 10 travel tickets, so I made a backup of my save when I had 10 tickets and again with 9 tickets. HxD has a file comparison option and found that the first difference was 0x0A and 0x09, which are 10 and 9 in decimal respectively. I modified the value to 99, restored the save with SaveDataFiler, and loaded the game to find 99 travel tickets in my possession.

Reactions: SammyPoke

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've made some adequate process within the passed weeks, (I've actually accomplished lots of this earlier however I didn't want to come out of lurking).
Anyways. . . here are the codes to acquire all the Rooms in Tomodachi Life

UNLOCK ALL ROOMS (Have 85 of each!)
Simply Open your extracted save with HFxD and press 5 all the way through OFFSETS 1760 - 17E0 and you will have ALL ROOMS UNLOCKED
and a cutscene will load once you load in the save back into the game.

UNLOCK ALL TREASURES (Have 85 of each!)
Simply Open your extracted save with HFxD and press 5 all the way through OFFSETS 18F0 – 19A0 and you will have All Treasures UNLOCKED
and a cutscene will load once you load in the save back into the game.

Other items are more complicated, and I'd rather not bother anyone explaining what I've found so far. At least with these two offsets, you can make yourself filthy rich and give everyone their dream homes.

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how to specifically hex edit my save to inject money?i know money value is at the very end of the file, but i dont know what offset to edit.

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't help you with that? But I have already posted on how to unlock all treasures (which can be sold to give you however X amount of money you desire) along with whatever rooms you wish your Miis to live in.

If you don't know about HexEditing. It's simple.
1.- Download HxD - Freeware Hex Editor (it's free and easy to use)
2.- Make sure you have savedatafiler on 3DS
3.- Load Tomodachi Life (BUT don't launch it) on 3DS
4.- Open savedatafiler and transfer save to SD Card.
5.- Turn off 3DS and remove SD Card
6.- Place SD Card in Computer and open savedataArc with HxD - Freeware Hex Editor (WARNING: Back UP Ur SavedataArc JUST to Be Safe)
7.- Replace the numbers in the offsets with 55 to get 85 items of whatever you want (you can input different numbers but don't go to high else the game won't read your save)
8.- Place the file back into SD Card (if it isn't already there), place it back into your 3DS, load Tomodachi Life again without launching it, and import it back into the game with savedatafiler
9.- Now launch the game and you should have whatever items you wanted.

Hope this helps someone.

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SammyPoke thank you for your detailed answer but i know the procedure and hex editing :D
i just wanted to know the offset for money because in another thread a user says that these offsets are at the very end of SavedataArc file, but i really cant see my amount of money, even when converting hex to decimal values...i was thinking of make 2 or 3 SavedataArc files with different amount of money and then compare the values but...im too lazy for that :P

however, i'm new to the game, i already saw your post to unlock all treasues and rooms but i didnt want to spoil the game. So you can confirm i wont spoil the game only by unlocking treasures?
thank you very much!

Sven_s05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The offset for the gold bar is 1943 (most expensive treasure in the game), set it max to 63 (that's 99 pieces), otherwhise graphic errors occur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs