Request to warn upon WiiKey update whining

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Renegade_R, Oct 30, 2007.

Oct 30, 2007
  1. Renegade_R
    OP

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    This is one of those rare occations I make topics...ppl that see me around here, I NEVER make topics....but I do now.

Recently there has been a huge influx of members on this forum and on local IRC channels such as #wiihack and what not. All these lurkers are here for is to whine about when they are going to get an update for their precious modchip (which is probably a clone) so that they can play a pirated video game stating that they paid money (so they can steal games) and deserve 'utmost customer service'.

As most of you probably could have (at least vaguely) piece together, Team Xeno (WiiKey team) has already stated that they have identified the cause of the problem and are working on a solution. End of story.

Those who are trying to compare the speed to that of the CycloWiz's update:
    Team Cyclops was already working on an upgrade to increase data transfer rates between the chip and the drive. This update out of a stroke of luck happened to fix the Super Mario Galaxy issue so on a heartbeat, they released the untested beta to everyone (who knows what else is broken). Team Xeno on the other hand was not working on an update at that time and they have to research and build an update from scratch so you have to give them time (don't say how its so easy to put it into a DVD, you've never made an update before).

Anyways my point is, I want to make a request to the admins. Can you please clamp down on these trolls who are complaining about the WiiKey update (and probably a Wiinja update too) consistantly by increasing their warn or suspend them? This forum is littered with these trash posts regarding information we ALREADY know and people keep reposting the same questions and answers. Whining on forums isn't gonna make it go any faster. So why even bother? These posts are just a waste of bandwidth. If anything, the game itself is worth the price of entry.

Why so much whining to play a copied video game?

-Ren

2. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Well said [​IMG]

I think an unfortunate by-product of blisteringly fast internet access is a near disorder-level impatience. I myself suffer from it but make a conscious effort to control it...

3. Kamakazie

Member Kamakazie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I approve of this thread.

4. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Well, I don't like to censor people too much. Self censorship is always the best way to go.

How about I make a topic in the testing forum (so as not to add to post counts) devoted to bitching about modchip updates. Then all posts hence forth bitching about updates in a non helpful way are trashed and people directed to the testing forum topic. Sound good?

5. Renegade_R
    OP

Canada
    Opium that sounds like win...but how will that keep people out of the Super Mario Galaxy thread? I prefer to discuss the game actually...its visuals, its music etc. not some stupid update that will come out when its ready.

I'm a WiiKey owner myself and I want the update too...but whining about it ain't gonna go much faster. If you people are going to buy a CycloWiz to replace your WiiKey, just by the goddamn game and support the makers! They are priced equally and your CycloWiz update will probably be defeated when Brawl comes out anyways. Like I repeated probably for the millionth time in the past 24 hours, "You were originally going to wait till the release date of Super Mario Galaxy, why the hell are you whining and its not even the release date yet."

6. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    yes lol, 1000+ posts about chips rather than the actual game /_\

7. striderx

Member striderx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hear, hear...

Same thing on the DS side with newbs bitchin' about the delays in delivery of the latest R4 kernel.

Patience bitches!

striderx

8. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Done.

Visit the thread of wonder here

9. Renegade_R
    OP

Canada
    Opium, you are made of awesome....and poppy seeds...

10. bluebright

Member bluebright GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    damn straight. you rock my world opium.