Homebrew Question Request tinfoil 0.2.1 patched for latest firmware

GnK23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find tinfoil 0.2.1 install much faster than goldleaf and a bunch of programs like aluminum foil fluffy and ns-usb installer supports the old tinfoil.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've got it basically done, just need some tidying before I post it.
Are you refering to tinfoil or gold leaf?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it but it immediately crashes after the first usb install on 9.0

Maybe you can port this version of tinfoil
https://github.com/Adubbz/Tinfoil
I'm not sure it'd make much of a difference to use a version without satelliteseeker's USB fix.
I switched Adubbz version to console and compiled that here earlier today, but again it probably won't make a difference if you're already crashing for some reason.
(Keep in mind I changed the working dir from SD:/tinfoil -> SD:/switch/tinfoil)

I plan to merge satelliteseeker's USB fix + ignore FW reqs at some point, since I forgot them earlier.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could've just used my fork ;)

I did submit a pr to adubbz, just want to change a few things still and fix sd card install. https://github.com/ITotalJustice/Tinfoil

EDIT: nvm, i didn't read throught the read, 2 other people posted their forks also haha. Are any of you guys going to continue to work on it btw so that i dont have to? Or was you just updating it so that it be compiled.

Last edited by TotalJustice,
Reactions: Garou and GnK23

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: nvm, i didn't read throught the read, 2 other people posted their forks also haha. Are any of you guys going to continue to work on it btw so that i dont have to? Or was you just updating it so that it be compiled.
I was just updating it to latest libnx and changing the working directory.
I don't plan on doing anything else with it.

There are never enough tinfoil forks. :P

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried it but it immediately crashes after the first usb install on 9.0
Thanks for testing. Did the install succeed? I'll see if I can get onto 9.0 soon and try it out.

@TotalJustice I don't have any plans to work on SD install or anything like that, if anything for my own use I'd probably strip it back to just the USB install function with as few menus as possible to do it.

GnK23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for testing. Did the install succeed? I'll see if I can get onto 9.0 soon and try it out.

@TotalJustice I don't have any plans to work on SD install or anything like that, if anything for my own use I'd probably strip it back to just the USB install function with as few menus as possible to do it.

The installation failed. I was just able to install a single file then atmosphere blue screen. Probably stripping down the tinfoil would be a great idea.

GnK23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just updating it to latest libnx and changing the working directory.
I don't plan on doing anything else with it.

There are never enough tinfoil forks. :P
I tested your build and I guess the crashing is due to the small dlc files. Max number of queueable line for NS-uSBinstaller is 4 before it crash.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

there are 2 places to get the latest 1 is the hbgshop discord server. google it for invite. :)

and this also https://tinfoil.io/
Sorry but I think tinfoil io is also known as tinfoil dz and another application

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.