Request: Super Robot Taisen W Translation Patch

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by dgwillia, Jul 5, 2008.

Jul 5, 2008
  1. dgwillia
    OP

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Was curious of why no one has tried to translate it yet (or even do a basic attack menu etc one). People were saying the insides of the new Super Robot Taisen game were the same as this one, yet someone has done a large/great patch for it.

2. KiC

Newcomer KiC Member

Germany
    Simple.
    -game has its own file system, which is not at all like Endless Frontier.
    -game has its own data compression scheme which is quite different from the bios compression.
    -game has its own mission text compression, which you can't figure out without debugging.
    -and the game has another compression for the battle text.

As most people here probably don't even know the use of a debugger, it's not surprising there's nothing for this game.

3. sa1amandra

Member sa1amandra Gazzaro Launching!

Canada
    The game is very easy to play in jap, even IF you never even read a japanese character in your life.
    simply when there are new units or new attacks
    -TRY THEM ALL
    -Physical and Long-Ranged attacks are VERY easy to tell the diffrence between them
    -Characters are mostly diffrent and placement are the same, so you shouldn't have a problem memoriezing every Gundam's attacks, because most of them barely have any
    -Discriptions are not required, they just add more depth for the game
    -Story Dialog is not even need, skip it =P. if you are THAT desperate, find someone who used their time to make a document of what is said and either print it or place the document file into ur DS and read it with a program (perferably moonshell)

->PS: the ONLY thing you'd really need a translation for would be the menu, but you'd learn how to stick with it after a while

Just a few of MANY reasons why Super Robot Taisen W will not have a translation

4. FirePanda11

Newcomer FirePanda11 Member

United States
    I think this game needs at least a patch for the menu. Screwing around finding out what's what isn't fun. I also agree it can be played in Jap though.

5. joehn

Newcomer joehn Member

Indonesia
    after finishing around 4-5 titles of srw and without knowing any japanese, let alone the story.. i began grasping in the dark what's the plot is all about.. [​IMG]

sure, the game is fun, the Animation is fun, (the DS and GBA lack voice acting, but with recent development in Mugen of Frontier, i see no reason why they can't put voice acting in battle scene, it's just the perfect wet dream in nds. If that wouldn't happen, maybe i'll reconsider having psp just for the voice acting and pure animation alone).

But then again, playing with skipping the whole dialogue and read the translation for it after OR before it is no fun. Maybe i'm just being selfish, but seeing the story unfold in the game is genuine fun. xD

Makes me wonder, why Banpresto never released an option to have an english version (you don't have to localize it, just add the english text). It could help them rack the import sales [​IMG]

6. ZangerZanvolt

Newcomer ZangerZanvolt Newbie

Trinidad and Tobago
    if someone can give me the program they used to add the tranz to the game i will translate Super robot taisen W

7. sword414

Member sword414 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    theres not that much "selections" in SRT, it really wouldn't take more than a few minutes to figure out everything

8. Cortador

Member Cortador GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There is a Menu translation for it. :wtf:

9. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia