[Request Sticky] Use this if you're having SD Card problems and Windows format isn't helping

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Subscriber0101, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Subscriber0101
    OP

Subscriber0101 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    USA
    https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I remember some months back, my SD Card stopped working on my Wii (it would recognize for like a split-minute before glitching out). I desperately tried a lot of stuff; formatting through Windows, re-placing and re-moving the big files, screwing around with the just-fine read/write switch -- nothing worked. Fortunately, as I was doing my desperate Googling, I landed on a very old gbatemp post from 2009 that told me to use Panasonic SD Formatter.

I did, and an SD Card I previously thought broken worked right away.

And a few days ago, when I tried to use Bootmii on my Wii, it wouldn't make a backup because it said my SD Card had like 24mb on it (even though it had a few gigs). I used the formatter again and it worked perfectly.

I really think this advice should be more well-known. It would be great to help people before they decided to throw out their SD Card.

Use SD Formatter. Before you throw out your old SD Card, check this out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice