1. PlasterWright/Seripieri99

Newcomer

Brazil
    Regarding that I think I have an idea. Using borginian would be great because it will cause that sensation of loss. I didn't play through the game though so I don't know if that would work, anyway just an idea.

2. UltrawaveStudios

Newcomer

United States
    I just had to create an account to say this.
    Would you people just shut up about literal translations and localizations and just be glad you're getting DGS in English?
    Gosh.

Lycanroc and Bimmel like this.
  3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    It wouldn't be the Temp without pointless drama, and that includes the signing up for commenting on drama drama.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Gambia, The
    I won't say it's pointless to discuss about the changes of this translation. But be reminded that the team decides what they wanna do.

I''m just grateful that I might be able to play this game. I mean Gyakuten with swords.. hello? Awesome! : )
    (Go home Simon Blackquill - you suck, in every way!)

5. shahanshah

shahanshah GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Yes, and please don't tell me you liked stuff like "No Maya, this is SPARDA"

6. Bimmel

Gambia, The
    No Maya, it's a stepladder!

Deleted-236924 and Lycanroc like this.
  7. Truner

Truner GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    I'd say do it right or don't do it. There's no point in a Gyakuten Saiban game translation if it doesn't fit in seamlessly with the rest of the franchise.
    On the other hand, it's pretty obvious that once the patch is out, someone will just come in and fix it up, even if the original team says no, so eh.

8. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    I say I want a big tasty Kebap.
    Oh, and also, the Gyakuten Saiban without it's Ace Attorney style and humour wouldn't be so tasty, but I think it may be OK to ease the hunger anyway.

Deleted User likes this.
  9. Espiox

Espiox Newbie
    Newcomer

I'm so glad people are tackling this, even if just a more basic translation for now. Anything to make this more playable is much appreciated. I look forward to the finished translation!

10. Gazelle_Bro

Gazelle_Bro Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay, serious question for everyone here. Would you rather have a non-translated version of DGS or a version of DGS that is comprehensive in and of itself, without any references to later Ace Attorney games? I would choose the latter. Having a translation is better than no translation.

Deleted User likes this.
  11. Truner

Truner GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    It doesn't really matter. If this translation happens, someone will just edit it to make it fit in with the rest of the franchise. If it doesn't happen, another team can always tackle it. It's a fricking Ace Attorney game, it won't stay untranslated.

12. UltrawaveStudios

Newcomer

United States
    Agreed. Plus I think people have more leeway on consistency since this game takes place a hundred bloody years before the main series.

13. Allegrian

Allegrian Member
    Newcomer

Hi, how is the translation going, like, %? Will we be able to run it on ninjhax homebrew like the Fire Emblem If one?

Also, this thread is a bit confusing/misleading, the OP is banned, the title is a request... Is there an official thread for the translation or something?

Last edited by Allegrian, Oct 31, 2015
  14. Pottty

Pottty Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hungary
    I'm trying to make that happen since I know about HANS, but no luck as of yet.

This is our only thread until we actually release something.

15. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's more difficult to learn a language at that age, especially since your brain has probably stopped developing. You'll never learn if you don't push yourself. You need a lot of time, a lot of patience, and don't slack off at all. Unless your native language is Chinese, you're going to have a tough time. The easiest bit will be learning the first two alphabets, and after that it's all an uphill battle. It will likely take at least 3-5 years to achieve a level of fluency. I recommend taking the JLPT exams as well.

Tae Kim's grammar guide is free and has almost everything a beginner needs for grammar. WaniKani isn't free and I don't use it, but it's a common way people learn kanji and their radicals. /r/learnjapanese is a place to ask questions (but use the search function first..). Plenty of free resources.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No sense in translating it if it's going to be a half-assed job though. Anyone can use google translate for a translation romhack. There are plenty of native Japanese speakers on the forums, why not reach out to real people ?

16. Pottty

Pottty Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hungary
    Google translate? Really? *facepalm*

It was a long time ago when I last posted some good news about the project, so here's one: the translation patch will be playable for *HAX users too trough smea's great homebrew app, HANS.

17. Bimmel

Gambia, The
    Seeing the title screen in english makes me wanna scream out of joy. Thank you for translating this game!

18. BroBuzz

BroBuzz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm glad someone is working on a fan-translation of the game, but that doesn't mean criticism shouldn't be allowed.

Replacing a Japanese pop-culture joke with an English one is pretty bar-for-the-course for localizations.

19. linkenski

linkenski GBAtemp Fan

That title screen is indeed nice-looking! It's crazy the extent we can hack these games.

Someone mentions Google Translate... again? Have these people every tried to learn a foreign language before? Also, try going to any japanese webpage and translate the whole thing with Google, see if anything makes sense.

It's a weak, misleading and unintelligent method of translating something.

Last edited by linkenski, Nov 3, 2015
  20. carona

carona Nintenbro
    Newcomer

France
    This is good news ;) Thank you for translating this game.
    Keep up the good work

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Daigyakuten, interested