Not open for further replies.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I loved the original rune factory, it was so fun... I would really really like it if someone could please make a translation patch for this game?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's due out in the West this year, you impatient bastids
tongue.gif

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ferrariman said:
What's up with all these "Make me a translation of XXXX, Plz!!! I LUV you" threads ?

Seeing there are some games that are getting translated and there does not seem to be any rules against requesting translation of xxxx, people start to make translation requests. Unless the mods or admin make a rule for disallowing translation request, people will keep on creating those threads. And like what Bob Evil said, some people are very impatient.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I heard the game wasn't coming out until sometime in 2009, and I could beat the game by then if someone would just translate it.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bob Evil said:
Joujoudoll said:
I heard the game wasn't coming out until sometime in 2009, and I could beat the game by then if someone would just translate it.

Well, you heard wrong ... it's out in September ...

It's not my fault that someone told me it was coming out in 2009....

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joujoudoll said:
Bob Evil said:
Joujoudoll said:

Well, you heard wrong ... it's out in September ...

It's not my fault that someone told me it was coming out in 2009....

Yeah, well it's your fault if you have no patience, and expect people to just do quick translations for you.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
I believe there should be a read before posting a new thread, thread that details that you cannot just request a patch and detail how hard it is to do so and possible point them in the right direction to learn how.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't realize it's so hard to do... I will wait for it to come out. I was under the impression that it's not coming out for another year and a half and I couldn't find ANYWHERE on the net that the release date is in September... So, please have some respect for people and stop treating people so badly.

D

Deleted User

Joujoudoll said:
I didn't realize it's so hard to do... I will wait for it to come out. I was under the impression that it's not coming out for another year and a half and I couldn't find ANYWHERE on the net that the release date is in September... So, please have some respect for people and stop treating people so badly.
The one showing no respect here is you. Romhackers and translators are in your mouth nothing more than a glorified tool: you give instruction and wait for the completion of the task. You deserve a lot more than the small bashing you've endured.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joujoudoll said:

Bite me , clown ... you have no respect, so you receive no respect.

If you think this is me treating you badly, then you have a damn easy life.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
deufeufeu said:
Joujoudoll said:
The one showing no respect here is you. Romhackers and translators are in your mouth nothing more than a glorified tool: you give instruction and wait for the completion of the task. You deserve a lot more than the small bashing you've endured.

If I was capable of doing something for someone and they asked me to do it, I would. I didn't demand to get the translation. I just requested it, which means every person capable of translating it could have politely said "No." I didn't ask in a rude way, I wasn't being demanding... I just asked if someone would be WILLING to do it. So, I'd appreciate it if people could cut me a little slack. I didn't realize it was such a hassle to translate a game. Excuse me for being "disrespectful". I can show you what disrespect is if you'd like?

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a little trouble believing what you're saying. You didn't realize that it was a hassle to translate a game? It's hard enough to accurately translate a large amount of text. Your request involves translation, as well as rom hacking. This is obviously going to be quite time-consuming. Even if the data is stored in an extremely simple manner, there's still the problem of organizing a translation project. Is one person going to translate the game alone? Probably not. Now a team needs to be setup, and someone has to find a way for the entire team to work on the project simultaneously. Development tools must be written, unless the team wishes to manually extract and repack the game files over and over. There's more to it, but you get the point.

Furthermore, Rune Factory 2 is an RPG, meaning it is going to have more text than most other games. Finally, Rune Factory 2 is almost surely going to get an official translation. There's no reason for anyone to waste his/her time translating the game unless people are really desperate for a translation (which they aren't).

Anyway, I don't think you were being disrespectful. You were simply asking for too much, especially since these is your first time posting here. =)

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mac2492 said:
I have a little trouble believing what you're saying. You didn't realize that it was a hassle to translate a game? It's hard enough to accurately translate a large amount of text. Your request involves translation, as well as rom hacking. This is obviously going to be quite time-consuming. Even if the data is stored in an extremely simple manner, there's still the problem of organizing a translation project. Is one person going to translate the game alone? Probably not. Now a team needs to be setup, and someone has to find a way for the entire team to work on the project simultaneously. Development tools must be written, unless the team wishes to manually extract and repack the game files over and over. There's more to it, but you get the point.

Furthermore, Rune Factory 2 is an RPG, meaning it is going to have more text than most other games. Finally, Rune Factory 2 is almost surely going to get an official translation. There's no reason for anyone to waste his/her time translating the game unless people are really desperate for a translation (which they aren't).

Anyway, I don't think you were being disrespectful. You were simply asking for too much, especially since these is your first time posting here. =)

Thank you for realizing that I wasn't trying to demand... I had no idea that a team had to be setup, etc. I wouldn't want to do it either since it's that time consuming... I am willing to wait and be patient. I just thought all you had to do was go into the game and translate the wording. I'm sorry if I have upset anyone. I wasn't trying to be rude or make anyone mad.

RaiDesu

Trophies
Website
raimei.comic-era.com
XP
Country
United States
If you really have the time, but no hacking skills, do as I do sometimes with kanji complex games. Sit down with a dictionary, charts and paper. Translate as you go, helps develop translating and japanese other than depending on others.

Do this long enough, and you won't need dictionaries, charts and paper. You won't need a translation at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: