Request: Rune Factory 2 english patch

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Joujoudoll, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2008
  1. Joujoudoll
    OP

Member Joujoudoll GBAtemp Fan

I loved the original rune factory, it was so fun... I would really really like it if someone could please make a translation patch for this game?

2. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    If someone gets bored enough they will make it. It's hard to make a translation.

3. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    It's due out in the West this year, you impatient bastids [​IMG]

4. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    What's up with all these "Make me a translation of XXXX, Plz!!! I LUV you" threads ?

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  6. xdarkx

Member xdarkx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Seeing there are some games that are getting translated and there does not seem to be any rules against requesting translation of xxxx, people start to make translation requests. Unless the mods or admin make a rule for disallowing translation request, people will keep on creating those threads. And like what Bob Evil said, some people are very impatient.

7. Joujoudoll
    OP

I heard the game wasn't coming out until sometime in 2009, and I could beat the game by then if someone would just translate it.

8. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    Well, you heard wrong ... it's out in September ...

9. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    This year? If so, then that's awesome. I loved the first.

10. Joujoudoll
    OP

It's not my fault that someone told me it was coming out in 2009....

11. Bob Evil

United Kingdom

Yeah, well it's your fault if you have no patience, and expect people to just do quick translations for you.

12. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    I believe there should be a read before posting a new thread, thread that details that you cannot just request a patch and detail how hard it is to do so and possible point them in the right direction to learn how.

13. Joujoudoll
    OP

I didn't realize it's so hard to do... I will wait for it to come out. I was under the impression that it's not coming out for another year and a half and I couldn't find ANYWHERE on the net that the release date is in September... So, please have some respect for people and stop treating people so badly.

14. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    The one showing no respect here is you. Romhackers and translators are in your mouth nothing more than a glorified tool: you give instruction and wait for the completion of the task. You deserve a lot more than the small bashing you've endured.

15. DarkSoulFlame

Newcomer DarkSoulFlame Advanced Member

United States
    What? Its coming out September? Where is your source?

16. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    Bite me , clown ... you have no respect, so you receive no respect.

If you think this is me treating you badly, then you have a damn easy life.

17. Joujoudoll
    OP

If I was capable of doing something for someone and they asked me to do it, I would. I didn't demand to get the translation. I just requested it, which means every person capable of translating it could have politely said "No." I didn't ask in a rude way, I wasn't being demanding... I just asked if someone would be WILLING to do it. So, I'd appreciate it if people could cut me a little slack. I didn't realize it was such a hassle to translate a game. Excuse me for being "disrespectful". I can show you what disrespect is if you'd like?

18. Mac2492

Member Mac2492 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have a little trouble believing what you're saying. You didn't realize that it was a hassle to translate a game? It's hard enough to accurately translate a large amount of text. Your request involves translation, as well as rom hacking. This is obviously going to be quite time-consuming. Even if the data is stored in an extremely simple manner, there's still the problem of organizing a translation project. Is one person going to translate the game alone? Probably not. Now a team needs to be setup, and someone has to find a way for the entire team to work on the project simultaneously. Development tools must be written, unless the team wishes to manually extract and repack the game files over and over. There's more to it, but you get the point.

Furthermore, Rune Factory 2 is an RPG, meaning it is going to have more text than most other games. Finally, Rune Factory 2 is almost surely going to get an official translation. There's no reason for anyone to waste his/her time translating the game unless people are really desperate for a translation (which they aren't).

Anyway, I don't think you were being disrespectful. You were simply asking for too much, especially since these is your first time posting here. =)

19. Joujoudoll
    OP

Thank you for realizing that I wasn't trying to demand... I had no idea that a team had to be setup, etc. I wouldn't want to do it either since it's that time consuming... I am willing to wait and be patient. I just thought all you had to do was go into the game and translate the wording. I'm sorry if I have upset anyone. I wasn't trying to be rude or make anyone mad.

20. RaiDesu

Member RaiDesu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you really have the time, but no hacking skills, do as I do sometimes with kanji complex games. Sit down with a dictionary, charts and paper. Translate as you go, helps develop translating and japanese other than depending on others.

Do this long enough, and you won't need dictionaries, charts and paper. You won't need a translation at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.