Hacking [Request] R4 and AR DSi

Kloklopfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey
After using Apache Thunders Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher i got a bit curious about its limitations.
At first would it be possible to remove the date check in the firmware of the R4 (R4-SDHC with WiFi) to work after 2008?
And secondly i tried to launch my Action Replay DSi with the Stage2 Laucher but it froze at the white screen (with and without a game inserted in the AR). Is it possible to get this working aswell? I mean the old Firmware from the R4 Card works too so why not also the DSi AR?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used either, but I think the stage 2 launcher is only for really old cards. Newer cards need the stage 1 launcher.

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe ys menu can fix 2 of your issues. Ys menu has no date check and also has cheats support (without the physical action replay unit in your system). I personally doubt the stage 2 launcher can disable date checking, you as the launcher only allows you cart to boot, nothing else.

Reactions: Kloklopfer

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey
After using Apache Thunders Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher i got a bit curious about its limitations.
At first would it be possible to remove the date check in the firmware of the R4 (R4-SDHC with WiFi) to work after 2008?
And secondly i tried to launch my Action Replay DSi with the Stage2 Laucher but it froze at the white screen (with and without a game inserted in the AR). Is it possible to get this working aswell? I mean the old Firmware from the R4 Card works too so why not also the DSi AR?
For those who are wondering about the ARDSi working....

"I had already attempted to boot a Action Replay DSi. Unfortunately the cart itself did some tricks to switch the card into a secondary mode (as described by the hackmii article). I don't think this works properly if the rom of the cart is booted from TWLN as an installed title. That + the fact that wood dumper may not have dumped the right rom because of the order of the init commands.

The rom also had to be rebuilt in a special way. I don't think the person in the hackmii article ever released the rom he reassembled. So I have nothing to work with and it's not likely I'll get this to work on a 3DS in it's current form." @Apache Thunder

https://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/

Reactions: Kloklopfer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?