[Request/Question] Turok 1 or Turok 2 port

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Georges borges, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Georges borges
    OP

Georges borges Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    Brazil
    I was playing Quake and visually graphic and very similar to Turok 2, is there any chance of a port both Turok 1 or 2?

Last edited by Georges borges, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    This is an English speaking forum. Mods will remove your post if you don't speak English.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Turok would need to have a PC version with an official source code released. Which I believe there isn't.

Simply put: No. Unless there happens to be an official source code for the game out, then someone would surely put work into it if there's enough interest.

EDIT: A Quake port exists simply because of the source code, plus Quake is well optimized and flexible enough to work on pretty much any system. Just because they have similar graphics doesn't mean it can easily be ported.

Last edited by Selim873, Oct 28, 2015
    Margen67 and smisk42 like this.
  4. smisk42

smisk42 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    Pretty sure most people don't realize how ports work... For a game as complex as that, unless there's an open source version, it's not gonna happen.

Margen67 and Selim873 like this.
  5. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    I should have said "Open Source". Just the source alone can still lead to legal issues because of it's license.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. Georges borges
    OP

Georges borges Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    Brazil
    really a port and a lot of work ... just believed I could use the same engine, however now I can understand a little better. Thank you for your help