ROM Hack [Request] Pokemon ORAS/XY 3D in overworld (on n3DS)

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to enable the stereoscopic 3D for the overworld on the Pokemon games? I know this was disabled when ORAS and XY first came out, as the o3DS wasn't powerful enough to allow this feature. Now that we have the New 3DS, would it be possible to modify the game/rom somehow, to enable 3D throughout the whole game of Pokemon, and not just Pokemon battles? Thanks!

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible but uh, I think someone would have to manually edit the game to do so, and..that would take a shit load of time to do I believe..if I'm understanding by overworld..

You mean when your normally walking around and speaking to NPC and encountering pokemon, right?

Supster131

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible but uh, I think someone would have to manually edit the game to do so, and..that would take a shit load of time to do I believe..if I'm understanding by overworld..

You mean when your normally walking around and speaking to NPC and encountering pokemon, right?
Yeah, since the 3D feature is disabled when doing that. 3D is only enabled in Pokemon battles.

I'm one of those people who really loves and enjoys the 3D :L So it kind of gets to me when I'm playing with the 3D off. And since from what I know, the only reason the 3D was disabled in the first place, was due to the hardware limitations of the o3DS.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just know, and am severely disappointed, in the automatic framerate hit that the game takes when turning on 3D. Considering that Game Freak had the 3DS SDK literally longer than any third party to make Generation VI, I was fully expecting much better from them. Considering Sakurai was able to ensure a 60fps lock for Smash 4 3DS, Tajiri and Masuda have no excuse to say they couldn't deliver.

Supster131

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just know, and am severely disappointed, in the automatic framerate hit that the game takes when turning on 3D. Considering that Game Freak had the 3DS SDK literally longer than any third party to make Generation VI, I was fully expecting much better from them. Considering Sakurai was able to ensure a 60fps lock for Smash 4 3DS, Tajiri and Masuda have no excuse to say they couldn't deliver.
It actually has a steady framerate (with 3D enabled) if you clock the n3DS to run at 804mhz in Pokemon with something like HANS or NTR. Which is why I think something like this would only be possible on a n3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a