[REQUEST] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl RANDOMIZER

PotatoMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bringing this back because I saw some youtuber already doing randomized run and I can't for the life of me understand how, especially so quickly. Cant find anything online to randomize it either

Reactions: shorty_bobert

bravestoner1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
A randomiser was released but to a few streamers/youtubers. The guy on twiiter is not releasing a program for it either. Just releasing the tools so you can go off and do it yourself. It will require you to install ubuntu etc and have knowledge of compiling code.

So like me I have no idea how to do any of that.
Will have to wait a few weeks until a nice person does the hard work and releases a program.
My bet is whoever looks after pknx has given up on that one. Pearl/diamond run on unity so a completely new program needs to be made.

Really wish I knew how to mod unity and do code stuff.

shorty_bobert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A randomiser was released but to a few streamers/youtubers. The guy on twiiter is not releasing a program for it either. Just releasing the tools so you can go off and do it yourself. It will require you to install ubuntu etc and have knowledge of compiling code.

So like me I have no idea how to do any of that.
Will have to wait a few weeks until a nice person does the hard work and releases a program.
My bet is whoever looks after pknx has given up on that one. Pearl/diamond run on unity so a completely new program needs to be made.

Really wish I knew how to mod unity and do code stuff.
If you knew who the people were that make PKNX you'd know they'll never give up lol. Do you happen to have a link to the tools you can post or DM to me? Or at least the Twitter handle?

Nemmeh88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you knew who the people were that make PKNX you'd know they'll never give up lol. Do you happen to have a link to the tools you can post or DM to me? Or at least the Twitter handle?
The guy who said he'll release the tools he uses for randomizing is XLuma, his handle is @TheFanatiker. For now I guess we'll just have to wait.

Reactions: shorty_bobert

roice2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if by leaked you mean uploaded to github by the creator lol. I keep getting segmentation fault when I run trainer randomizer though
haha, yes maybe.... if you could make it work, would you (or someone esle) upload the files? i wish i could play a randomized version of that game on my switch (Atmosphere)

shorty_bobert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha, yes maybe.... if you could make it work, would you (or someone esle) upload the files? i wish i could play a randomized version of that game on my switch (Atmosphere)
I have random wild encounters working but nothing else. He uploaded a fix for the trainers so I can do that too now. Only thing I can't do is random starters I guess

Last edited by shorty_bobert,

roice2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm it still freezes at the exact moment. i donwloaded the new file.
i deleted the file, on my switch, played after this cutscene, saved. and put the new file in the content folder.
Then i played again, and could progress until i got a starter, and after the first fight, it freezed again. i could not move.

maybe i am doing something wrong....
Without the files, i can progress normally, but installing these file, makes the game freeze on specefic places

bravestoner1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I found a static randomiser on gamebannana and it wored great, it randomised encounters and trainer pokemon.
The files are pre made so all I had to do was drop them onto my sd card.
Best we have until pknx is updated it seems.

Edit
Files wouldnt work for starters so had to choose starter pokemon first then use the premade files.
No issues so far, I just finished the 4th gym.

GatoFiestero

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I found a static randomiser on gamebannana and it wored great, it randomised encounters and trainer pokemon.
The files are pre made so all I had to do was drop them onto my sd card.
Best we have until pknx is updated it seems.

Edit
Files wouldnt work for starters so had to choose starter pokemon first then use the premade files.
No issues so far, I just finished the 4th gym.
where

KOG002

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone able to create a working Shining Pearl randomised ROM that actually works. I am willing to pay for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?