(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling that this MIGHT work, but it MIGHT not. Just putting it out there. I would totally install a Pokémon Uranium CIA on my 3DS though. The idea is that it would start to the updater to download any available updates and the player could tap "Start Game" on the bottom screen to actually start Pokémon Uranium. I would think it would work a lot like SRB2WII in the way that you need the game files on your SD Card, or else it won't work and will give you an error. I could test the releases if needed.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
That's cute, but we still need the source code.
If RPG Maker XP's source code isn't enough (or if it doesn't have one at all) try asking on the official Discord server.
without a source code and an interested developer, your request is basically impossible
I'm sure there's lots of interested developers reading this right now.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If RPG Maker XP's source code isn't enough (or if it doesn't have one at all) try asking on the official Discord server.

I'm sure there's lots of interested developers reading this right now.
Actually I am pretty sure most people won't be going near this game because Nintendo already sent a Takedown notice to the first team. And again, they need the source code. You can't just take a game and fart it onto a system, no code, no port. And even with the source code, it would take time and effort to porting this game, a game might I add that Nintendo has already shown interest in taking down. So that would be a lot of time and effort for a project that will most likely end in a lawsuit.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Actually I am pretty sure most people won't be going near this game because Nintendo already sent a Takedown notice to the first team. And again, they need the source code. You can't just take a game and fart it onto a system, no code, no port. And even with the source code, it would take time and effort to porting this game, a game might I add that Nintendo has already shown interest in taking down. So that would be a lot of time and effort for a project that will most likely end in a lawsuit.
Mind you, I said in the original post:
I would think it would work a lot like SRB2WII in the way that you need the game files on your SD Card, or else it won't work and will give you an error.
The player would need the game's original files with the app merely serving as an emulator. There is no possible way that Nintendo could take it down unless you were to upload the ENTIRE game. And, again, you should ask for the source code on the official Discord server.

maxGREGSZ

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It's impossible to port this game stop asking it would not run on the 3ds or run like shit please lock this thread. Only way it could happen is if you remade the game from scratch.

Last edited by maxGREGSZ,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mind you, I said in the original post:

The player would need the game's original files with the app merely serving as an emulator. There is no possible way that Nintendo could take it down unless you were to upload the ENTIRE game. And, again, you should ask for the source code on the official Discord server.
I don't think you quite understand the undertaking that would be. You would have to rework the entire game engine to work with the game engine that it would be patching.
And I won't ask for the source code, this was your request and thus this falls on your shoulders to deliver. If you want someone to work on it, you still have to pull your weight.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
It's impossible to port this game stop asking it would not run on the 3ds or run like shit please lock this thread. Only way it could happen is if you remade the game from scratch.
Fine. I'll see if I can. Edit: I don't think I can. The best I can do is unwatch it and ignore it for the rest of my life.
I don't think you quite understand the undertaking that would be. You would have to rework the entire game engine to work with the game engine that it would be patching.
And I won't ask for the source code, this was your request and thus this falls on your shoulders to deliver. If you want someone to work on it, you still have to pull your weight.
I'm just not going to request that anything be ported anymore.

Last edited by PrincessLillie,
Reactions: Zidapi

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fine. I'll see if I can.

I'm just not going to request that anything be ported anymore.
No one is telling you not to request anything, but to understand what you are requesting. Ports aren't just put onto a system over night. They require weeks, months, even years of hard work and dedication. And all of that with the source code. Without a source code, it's next to impossible to port anything. Not to mention porting an engine that doesn't exist on the system you are porting it on. Basically, you have to be realistic when it comes down to making requests. As well you have to provide reasons, resources, ect. If you aren't up for putting any effort into your requests, then why should anyone put any effort into helping make your request a reality? If you aren't motivated, than no one else should be motivated for you.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think is better to avoid a game like that. I personally dunno if is good or bad, but i'm not saying it cause of that, is just cause i don't want anyone to get in trouble. I think is the game that people was very excited to play last year but was shut down cause of a Cease and desist from the copyright holders. Usually games like those are now under watch and maybe could get potentially in trouble for any activity with it. Although i think it was a nice project I am bit disappointed by some of these events.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We need a source code for that.
If it REALLY is Rpg maker XP, source is the last of the problems (it's an interpreted language, and if they foolishly released only the packaged .rgssad version, with a pair of extractors you can get everything out - one of them is "RGSSAD-WX")

The actual work to do would be a lot more annoying :)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it REALLY is Rpg maker XP, source is the last of the problems (it's an interpreted language, and if they foolishly released only the packaged .rgssad version, with a pair of extractors you can get everything out - one of them is "RGSSAD-WX")

The actual work to do would be a lot more annoying :)

Not to mention porting an engine that doesn't exist on the system you are porting it on.
Not disagreeing or being mean, just pointing out that we both said the same thing :P

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not to mention porting an engine that doesn't exist on the system you are porting it on.
The Doom/Quake/RPG2003 engines were not made for 3DS either, didn't them? :)

It doesn't necessarily have to be an "emulator" (engine port) - another alternative would be reimplementing the game liberally from scratch. Hey, even Taito did it for Bubble Bobble :P

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Doom/Quake/RPG2003 engines were not made for 3DS either, didn't them? :)

It doesn't necessarily have to be an "emulator" (engine port) - another alternative would be reimplementing the game liberally from scratch. Hey, even Taito did it for Bubble Bobble :P
True, but they have long been since ported to the ARM CPU and their source codes are both extremely well documented. This on the other hand would be a serious mess considering the amount of resources needed just to get the engine running and stable.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."