ROM Hack (Request) Official VC Wireless Patch for Pokemon Green/Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal ROM Hacks

NitroHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The title says it all. I have seen many people (I will not thell where, it is against the rules) doing this with GB/GBC ROM hacks of Pokemon, but I wanted to know where do they get their official VC Wireless Patches for the Gen I and Gen II Pokemon games. Does anyone know where I can find them, or how to extract them? Thanks in advance.

NitroHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! I will try it right now.

EDIT: It did not worked... what I wanted was to create a CIA of Pokemon Green with the Wireless VC Patch, but to no success...

Last edited by NitroHedgehog,

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks! I will try it right now.

EDIT: It did not worked... what I wanted was to create a CIA of Pokemon Green with the Wireless VC Patch, but to no success...
Hey, I know this is a old thread but I recently got a similar problem:
I was making a "Pokemon Green english version" hack for "Pokemon Blue US/EU version" gb vc .cia file, and I used the "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS" tool to do that, all was great but the wireless link didn't work, and the guide from the link above was outdated and only for gen2 games. So after hours of looking for a other guide online, I had no luck, but thanks to the guide above I knew that the .patch file I was looking for was inside a official pokemon vc gen1 cia file, so I've got one ("Pokémon Blue Version ALL", because I was working with a hacked blue rom), and after more digging I've found the right .patch file and now I got a full working english version of pokemon green (minus Poke Transporter support), and here is what I did:

(You will need to be able to use "GodeMod9" to do this).
1. Copy the vc .cia file to your console SD card, insert it back and boot to "GodeMod9".
2. Navigate to the vc .cia file select it and press A, a menu will show, choose "CIA image options...", then "Mount image to drive", and choose "yes".
3. Now your inside the vc .cia file, go to "0000.000000005/romfs" and inside are all the gen1 .patch files you need to enable the wireless link function:
Pokémon Red Version (JPN) - DMGAPAJ1.B90.patch
Pokémon Green Version (JPN) - DMGAPBJ1.B91.patch
Pokémon Blue Version (JPN) - DMGAPEJ1.C62.patch
Pokémon Yellow Version (JPN) - DMGAPSJ3.E58.patch
Pokémon Red Version (ENG) - Dmgapae0.e69.patch
Pokémon Blue Version (ENG) - Dmgapee0.e68.patch (ignore the .bak file)
Pokémon Yellow Version (ENG) - Dmgapse0.h08.patch
Pokémon Red Version (GER) - Dmgapad0.h35.patch
Pokémon Blue Version (GER) - Dmgaped0.h36.patch
Pokémon Yellow Version (GER) - DMGAPSD0.J15.patch
Pokémon Red Version (FRA) - Dmgapaf0.h30.patch
Pokémon Blue Version (FRA) - Dmgapef0.h31.patch
Pokémon Yellow Version (FRA) - DMGAPSF0.J16.patch
Pokémon Red Version (SPN) - Dmgapas0.h50.patch
Pokémon Blue Version (SPN) - Dmgapes0.h51.patch
Pokémon Yellow Version (SPN) - DMGAPSS0.J17.patch
Pokémon Red Version (ITA) - Dmgapai0.i59.patch
Pokémon Blue Version (ITA) - Dmgapei0.i60.patch
Pokémon Yellow Version (ITA) - DMGAPSI0.J19.patch
(For some reason all "Pokémon Yellow" versions doesn't work, maybe the "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS" needs an update).
4. For this guide I selected "Dmgapee0.e68.patch", a menu will show, choose "Copy to 0:/gm9/out", after coping turn off the console.
5. Mount the console SD card to your PC and get the patch file from drive:/gm9/out folder and save it somewhere safe.
6.Now use the "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS" tool to make a pokemon hack vc .cia file, but don't forget to choose:
- "GB Virtual Console with linking" in the "Content options" section.
- "Import a VC .patch file" (Dmgapee0.e68.patch) in the "Game patches and extras" section.

And that's it, you can also use the "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS" tool to make a gen2 gbc vc .cia with the files in the "patches.7z" archive on page 32 of the guide above.
I hope this guide will help you and others, bye.

Last edited by tomx86,
Reactions: Samelucky

Samelucky

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was making a "Pokemon Green english version" hack for "Pokemon Blue US/EU version" gb vc .cia file, and I used the "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS" tool to do that, all was great but the wireless link didn't work, and the guide from the link above was outdated and only for gen2 games. So after hours of looking for a other guide online, I had no luck, but thanks to the guide above I knew that the .patch file I was looking for was inside a official pokemon vc gen1 cia file, so I've got one ("Pokémon Blue Version ALL", because I was working with a hacked blue rom), and after more digging I've found the right .patch file and now I got a full working english version of pokemon green (minus Poke Transporter support), and here is what I did:

1. Copy the vc .cia file to your console SD card, insert it back and boot to "GodeMod9".
2. Navigate to the vc .cia file select it and press A, a menu will show, choose "CIA image options...", then "Mount image to drive", and choose "yes".
3. Now your inside the vc .cia file, go to "0000.000000005/romfs" and inside are all the gen1 .patch files you need to enable the wireless link function:
(Remember that "Pokemon Yellow US/EU,GR,FR,SP,IT" are for gbc vc).
4. For this guide I selected "Dmgapee0.e68.patch", a menu will show, choose "Copy to 0:/gm9/out", after coping turn off the console.
5. Mount the console SD card to your PC and get the patch file from drive:/gm9/out folder and save it somewhere safe.
6.Now use the "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS" tool to make a pokemon hack vc .cia file, but don't forget to choose:
- "Import a VC .patch file" (Dmgapee0.e68.patch) in the "Game patches and extras" section.

And that's it, you can also use the "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS" tool to make a gen2 gbc vc .cia with the files in the "patches.7z" archive on page 32 of the guide above.

Hello, i used your method to patch a blue version with wireless capabilities and it worked thank you!

I tried the same with a yellow but I'm stuck to a white screen when launching the game, can you help me ?

Also, I was trying to patch a gold version.
I found on internet a "Crystal" patch (like the yellow one) where there is all the translation for all the versions.
But the problem is that I don't know how to recognize each others, they're all called like "dmfhwudu.patch" (it was an example)
And I don't how can I find the gold patch for the French version.

I hope you can help me thank you!

Reactions: tomx86

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, i used your method to patch a blue version with wireless capabilities and it worked thank you!

I tried the same with a yellow but I'm stuck to a white screen when launching the game, can you help me ?

Also, I was trying to patch a gold version.
I found on internet a "Crystal" patch (like the yellow one) where there is all the translation for all the versions.
But the problem is that I don't know how to recognize each others, they're all called like "dmfhwudu.patch" (it was an example)
And I don't how can I find the gold patch for the French version.

I hope you can help me thank you!
I don't know why only yellow doesn't work maybe the "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS" needs an update, and the patch for gold French version is "DMGAAUF0.J95.patch", and like I said in my guide, it's inside the the "patches.7z" archive on page 32 of the guide above, read the whole comment, it's this link:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...nsole-wireless-linking-patches.439986/page-32
good day:yay3ds:

Reactions: Samelucky

insertnamehere21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

(For some reason all "Pokémon Yellow" versions doesn't work, maybe the "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS" needs an update).

So i tried this with Pokemon Red and there was no "0000.000000005" directory, just a "0000.000000000" directory and when i checks the romfs folder, i saw no patch files. How can i get the "0000.000000005" directory?

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you sure you got a legit Pokemon Red VC (ENG) .CIA file?
I've checked mine, and the patch is in "0000.000000003/romfs"
"0000.000000000" is inside a VC .CIA file made in "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS".

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
it would be perfect if there,s program what allows to make link patches for games what didn,t got to Eshop plus rom hacks

UmbreonEspeonSylveon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so i tried the same thing.. didnt see it in my green eng blue rom hack version or in my legit blue cia. where is it??

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
so i tried the same thing.. didnt see it in my green eng blue rom hack version or in my legit blue cia. where is it??
OK, strange now I also can't enter romfs with "GodeMod9", but that's fine this tutorial is also now outdated, now all you need is "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS" at least v0.28, they added "CIA extract and rebuild" feature in the Tools menu, so now you can just use this to extract the VC.cia and in "ExtractedRomFS" folder there will you find all the patches listed in my previous tutorial, good luck:
patch.png

https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/4621-new-super-ultimate-injector-nsui/

Last edited by tomx86,

UmbreonEspeonSylveon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok
Post automatically merged:

OK, strange now I also can't enter romfs with "GodeMod9", but that's fine this tutorial is also now outdated, now all you need is "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS" at least v0.28, they added "CIA extract and rebuild" feature in the Tools menu, so now you can just use this to extract the VC.cia and in "ExtractedRomFS" folder there will you find all the patches listed in my previous tutorial, good luck:
View attachment 354438
its not there though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet