1. Instandhaltung

Instandhaltung I feel it. I feel the cosmos!

Germany
    Thanks for the reply! I have the latest update and I just checked my date... Weird. Maybe they were only unlocked after an online check or something?

2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Do you have Pauline?
    I haven't checked it for a few months tbh but I only played in my (ever offline) emuNAND and got them unlocked one after another after each month and by always installing the latest update.

3. Instandhaltung

Germany
    I have Pauline and this wizard (Karmek?). After that, there are three missing ones...

4. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Ah I see. Didn't play further myself as well as it seems.

Then I second a savegame or cheat with anything unlocked (including the alt costumes). :P

Instandhaltung likes this.
  5. maddenmike95

maddenmike95 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Download and install update 3.1.0, it will automatically add the last 3 characters to the game. You will get Dry Bones, Fire Piranha Plant and Dry Bowser.

6. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Good luck to find a save with all costumes unlocked so it is nearly impossible after over year.

7. Instandhaltung

Germany
    I am on 3.10 but those are still locked :/ weird...
    I really do assume those might have been unlocked after checking the date online to prevent some people to manually advance the date on the system or something.

Last edited by Instandhaltung, Dec 28, 2019
  8. maddenmike95

maddenmike95 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don't understand what you mean? I've never took mario tennis aces online once yet and was still able to get all the characters from the downloaded update. I do have my console's time and date synced through wifi connection if that makes a difference.

9. Instandhaltung

Germany
    Well that's odd, my date is correct and I have the 3.10 update. Still the characters past Kamek are locked. Well maybe there's something wrong with my setup.

10. KillzXGaming

KillzXGaming GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It should be fairly simple to cheat it in. You dump your save file first. Unlock any random character. Dump your save again. Open both files in a hex editor like HxD. Compare both files and see what changed. It's probably something simple like 0 to 1 in hex. All character values are probably close together where you can adjust them. You can unlock one more character and dump the save again to find a better pattern on how the game saves it's characters.

11. Instandhaltung

Germany
    Yeah, I guess the outfits are unlocked in a similar way. Problem is, by now you can't "manually" unlock any character afaik :P

12. G1gaD3ath

G1gaD3ath Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    Damn, over a year and still nothing :7

13. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Blame on game developer for make costume as special event so it is very difficult to unlock all costumes due to online so those people who work on save to move to different chapter.

14. Sonics99

Sonics99 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Was wondering if you ever got this figured out? I am having the same issues. I have tried moving the date around to see if that triggered it and also playing for a little bit, but nothing. The last three guys aren't unlocked. I am on 3.10 which is the newest and last update for the game, but no go. It just has the messages about the tournament and their availability in like August 2019

15. Instandhaltung

Germany
    Sorry bud, never found out and gave up about it... It's weird, but maybe it does need to be online to check the unlock flags or something... If you find out something new, let me know!

16. Sixthbubble07

Sixthbubble07 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    It definitely needs to be connected online as they didn't release another update for the last set of characters, perhaps there are flags within the save to unlock stuff. The costumes are online locked through online tournaments and co-op challenges which changes each month, It can be time consuming to do (something i found out when doing them all:rofl2:)

17. Sonics99

Sonics99 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Damn, that is shitty. Seems that way. Has to be some way to unlock them then from the save most likely. Will be hard to determine without a save file to compare them to after the unlock, but I'll see if I can figure anything out.

Thanks.

18. Instandhaltung

Germany
    Hey Bro, if you have unlocked the costumes, is there a possibility to upload the save (assuming you have a modded Switch, of course)?

Last edited by Instandhaltung, Feb 20, 2020
    akio0504 likes this.
  19. akio0504

akio0504 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I have the same problem with the last 3 characters not unlocked. Read thru you guys comments and decided to solve the problem last night. And I just found out the solution. So basically, you must have your Nintendo account link with your local account in order to unlock the last 3 character and have the system clock sync with the internet.

- What I did to solve the problem (without risking ban) was restore my sysnand from my clean Nand backup (as i'm using emunand right now with sx os).
    - After restore the sysnand, I turned off the system, take out the sd card. Turn it on again normally as you do with a legit system.
    - Get into the system, set the clock, connected wifi and link extra Nin account to the system (as I have 1 main account and 1 extra, so I decided to link my extra one).
    - After that, disconnect wifi, clean all the internet settings. Reset all caches and stuffs. Turn on Airplane mode. Turn off the system. Put the jig and dongle and started to created the emunand (Note that you will need a clean sd card to create new emunand) from sysnand (the one we just got linked account).
    - After all is done, jumped to your emunand, install the game, all updates. And there you go, you will have the last missing 3 characters.

I know this is time wasting to do for one game but, I rather do this legitimately with my account than using Kefir updater (looks shady AF). You can also access to play MK11 with this setup so it's worth to my case.

I dont really know about the 100% save with all the skins and stuffs, but i just need all characters bases on my liking and going to go thru the campaign by myself.

Good luck !

Last edited by akio0504, Feb 25, 2020
  20. Sonics99

Sonics99 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hmm thank you, that is interesting. My switch is banned, but my account was already linked. I don't have issues with other games that require link.

Is it possible for you to dump your save? I wonder if it can be loaded to have the three already unlocked since you already did that.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - costumes, unlocked, Request