[Request] Linking GRRLIB with applications to take screenshots

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WiiUBricker, Feb 10, 2010.

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Ok, first of all Im interested in taking screenshots of applications, but unfortunatly I dont have any grabbing utility. I searched the Inet after a solution and found an interesting post from giantpunte regarding linking GRRLIB with applications and use the screenshot function there. Since I dont have any coding experience, I'm asking you guys for help how to set up these things. I already installed devkitPro, but a step by step guide/tutorial would be appreciated [​IMG]

2. Wabsta

Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Apr 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    SCUMM Bar
    Cant you run homebrew on your PC?

3. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    if the app uses libpngu, which a shitload of them do, you can just steal the screenshot function from usb loader gx.

step 1 - set up devkitppc as described on wiibrew
    step 2 - get the source of the app you want a screenshot of and get whatever libs you need to compile it
    step 3 - copy the screenshot function from gx somewhere into that project's source. any of the .c or .cpp files should work
    step 4 - find the spot in the app where you would like to get a screenshot and add a button press or something to trigger it
    step 5 - change the variable names in the function to match the variables in the app you are dealing with. the framebuffer and vmode are the 2 biggies.
    step 6 - compile it

4. WiiUBricker
    OP

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    No Wii homebrew can only be run on a Wii.

Thanks giantpune, I will try even though I am a complete noob in those things

5. Wabsta

Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Apr 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    SCUMM Bar
    Yea, but you can run a wii on your PC